BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Hindle? D&D? Tired of stock . . . help!

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Fawn 
#1 ·
I think it's time to get a new pipe for the VFR.
Lots of choices, but my pocketbook has narrowed them to either a D&D or a Hindle. I'm thinking that a new Picotte series Hindle in red would look great on the red VFR, but feel like a total newb when it comes to exhausts.

Any opinions?
There seems to be a selection of D&Ds on ebay . . . .

Anyone?

#19 ·
I have a D&D carbon with the race core - its not stupid loud. Infact it has a nice deep tone if you like that WOOBWUBWUBWUB Sound.

But at about 7-8g it is INSANELY shrill in the ears. Higher than that it quiets down again...

I love that pipe:)

I think Hindles sound like track bikes tho, cool if that is the sound you want

Vance & Hines are really quiet.

#7 ·
I have had four different pipes on my F4, and the Hindle Stealth was the best sounding. Not to say that the other pipes sounded bad but the Stealth had the best balance. Not too loud but with enough just enough bite.

IMHO unless you are already deaf the D&D will give you a headache and make you wish that you had a Hindle Stealth.

#11 ·
If you get the hindle stealth and you still feel it is a little loud, Hindle now makes an insert that they claim robs no horsepower but lowers the sound 3-4db. Check with Mspeed, I think Marbod was ordering some Hindle pipes and inserts this week 294-3354

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.