BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Visors...

3K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  BCSBADMIN 
#1 ·
Any helpful hints on how to keep the visor from fogging up?

#4 ·
Don't waste your money on that Windex No-Fog stuff...it definitely does not work on visors.

I tried it in March and it made NO difference.

#13 ·
Slightly diff subject.

Keep this as a mental note for future reference on the subject of visors sratching.

Those iridium visors look really cool, but are really tough to maintain. Washing them with any old cloth will scratch them even if you rub lightly. You gotta use mild cleaner and go over it ever so lightly so that you're almost tickling it.

Just thought I'd throw that out after ruining mines.

#15 ·
With the fog city's...you may experience some visual problems at nite. Starbursts or halos from what I have heard......just something to think about. MrMurphy had one installed but yanked it. I personally would go with the pledge. Nothing like a fresh lemon scent:D .

#17 ·
Go with pledge. Lemon scent you can't get too high on...
Alcohol lens wipes also work... they don't scratch your shields...
they have little bit of alcohol that evaps as soon as you wipe it...
Think I saw a bunch of them sold in a bulk box at Costco.

G
#20 ·
where can one purchase such visor at a resonable price? or is there no resonable price and just one solid price? Also would i have to bring my helmet to the place where i purchase, or do i buy the visor and install myself? thanks for your help.

#21 ·
Danger said:
where can one purchase such visor at a resonable price? or is there no resonable price and just one solid price? Also would i have to bring my helmet to the place where i purchase, or do i buy the visor and install myself? thanks for your help.
You can purchase them anywhere you can buy HJC helmets...Burnaby Kawasaki, Imperial, RMS, where ever. Although they may have to order it for you. Sorry, I can't remember how much they cost. I know the HJC mirrored visors are way cheaper thant he Shoei or Arai mirrored ones, like $60 I think.

I would take the helmet with you, so that they can show you how to put it on if you don't know how. It's very easy, takes like 30 secs with the mounting mechanism of the HJC....not like the stupid mechanism on my Suomy. :rolleyes

#23 ·
If you have an HJC AC10 the faceshield removal is very easy, just lift the shield all the way up, pull the tabs on each side in and pull the shield out. Make sure it's all the way up though or you'll bust the tabs that hold it in place and there about $25 and have to be ordered in. Holeshots in Langley had them in stock both mirrored and tinted when I bought my helmet from them and they we're around $60.

#24 ·
I got my tinted visor at BK, they had several in stock on the shelf for the ac-10 and cl-12. The fog city I had sucked, it was a fair bit smaller than my visor (possible the wrong size, but it was 'large') so I had a scuba-mask like glue circle within my vision, this made it less difficult to see to the sides or through the top of the visor if I had my head tucked. I did notice a bit of glare/starburst at night. It was pretty good for fog, but given these issues I felt that it was not worth it.. I'd rather flip up my visor at lights if I'm having problems, with my forehead vent open I never have fog problems once I get moving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.