BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

A laka laka laka laka is the sound of a diesel bike ?

2K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  Greeneyes 
#1 ·
and now for all you farmers out there in Chilleywack.

#2 ·
I cant get the stat's of the bike to apear ? but it burns diesel and get's 150 mpg 120 HP and an amazing 250 ft pounds of torque ? Corn anyone ?

#7 ·
How 'bout a link to the page? 150 mpg and 120HP? Surely not all at the same time!

And if'n I'm going to ride a deisel bike I want vertical exhaust muffler stacks like a Kenworth or furggit it!

#12 ·
From a website on this that I found....

We've been saying it for years, the future of vehicles is likely not hybrid, it's TDI - Turbo Direct Injection Diesel. Thunderstar seems to agree, having just developed a three-cylinder, 1200cc, TDI motorcycle. Weighing in at 455 lbs, ready to roll, it produces 90hp and 150 ftlbs of torque in stock trim. Add a performance chip and horsepower climbs to 120 and torque increases to a pavement rippling 200 ft.lbs. The best part is the triple sips only one gallon of diesel fuel for every 150 miles of riding! .... And it ain't bad looking either. But with 200 ftlbs of torque, you'd have to change rear tires more frequently than fill the 6-gallong tank. Here's to the future! [of tire development?]
See more..... http://www.canyonchasers.net/blog/archives/35-ThunderStar-TDI-Motorcycle.html

#16 ·
TeeTee said:
How 'bout a link to the page? 150 mpg and 120HP? Surely not all at the same time!

And if'n I'm going to ride a deisel bike I want vertical exhaust muffler stacks like a Kenworth or furggit it!
Bruce don't forget yer wallet with a chain attached to it, and make sure the crack of yer ass hangs out, while in the full tuck position. :laughing

#21 ·
Diesel bikes have been around for a looooong time, search under Royal Enfield. There have been many advances in diesel technology, they burn clean, cheap, lots of torque, etc... Not too long ago a diesel could only rev to about 3600RPM, now 5500, thats not too bad.

OKOK I guess I kinda like it, but I also live in Surrey, so..... If I had one I would have to have stacks with flappers and a 3 stage jake brake with a chrome trucker chick on my rear fender. (don't forget the CB) :thumbup

#22 ·
SHEEEEEEEAAAAAAAATTTTTTT, that'd be perfect for me out here in chilliwack, ride to work and hit the fields on the way home. Pics me up some hillybilly for a night of loving and put a sidecar on for my pet/ er I mean life partner, the mountain goat.

All jokes aside though, that thing looks pretty damn cool, hell it has more carbon than the last aprillia I saw.

G
#24 ·
I think that would be interesting to ride.
Pulling out of a corner with all that torque would be something else for sure..

And cheap on gas too, that would be great for trips.

The bike looks cool too, different. not everyone is going to have that (afford that :)

Yeah the jake brake eh..

MOTO GP new tech stuff.. instead of slipper clutch's, they use a Jake brake to slow into a corner with a smooth rear tire brake.. :)

#25 ·
A little more interesting than the USMC diesel KLR 650 coming out. Word on
the street is that Hayes's next diesel motor will be a V-twin, possibly for a
cruiser application.

I like it. I'm a diesel buff anyway, and running biodiesel in a bike with that sort
of mileage pretty well eliminates any guilt for driving instead of bicycling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.