Yahoo / MSN Messenger

Thread: Yahoo / MSN Messenger

The new kid Array Digit Treesloth's Avatar
    New West
    Driving Miss Daisy

Yahoo / MSN Messenger

I am looking for a free downloadable application similar to Yahoo or MSN Messenger that can do video and audio calls. However, the only issues I have is that both audio and video need to be 'tunneled?' into an HTTP stream. Both Yahoo and MSN require either a tonne of ports to be opened on your firewall, configuring triggered ports or a uPNP capable firewall.

The person(s) at the other end of my 'conversation' does not have a uPNP firewall, nor do they have a budget for such a device. I must also assume that they're on a firewalled network and are NOT the network admin (ie. they have no privledges to open ports or otherwise screw with said firewall)

Any suggestions?
    Digital Treesloth

Doc Venture to Mike Soriyama: Oh C'mon! You're gonna kill me because I had fake sex on graph paper with a girl who barely spoke to you in real life?!

Been there, Wrecked that! Array CrashTested's Avatar
    - unknown
    NetMeeting? It's more of a direct call to the IP address rather then thru HTTP...
    There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers, but there are no old, bold bikers.
    BCSB Member #XXXX

2 Wheeled History:
    '02 F4i (RIP, damn guardrail)

'87 TZR 250 (piston ate itself)
    '99 SV650s (RIP, damn Jeep)
    '79 250XR
    '81 500XT

Langley, BC
    None right now...
    Skype? It only needs one port, but I seem to recall something in the config screen about using an HTTP proxy. Audio only though.
    My Picasa Album

Registered User Array
    Something new.