Flag people on the S2S (Vehicular Profiling?)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Flag people on the S2S (Vehicular Profiling?)

Livin' la Vida Loca Array Devon's Avatar
    Bike
    You Betcha!

Flag people on the S2S (Vehicular Profiling?)

This Is a simple copy paste from the rant I posted from "I'm going for a ride,..." but did this happen to you yesterday?

I'd like to give a shout out to the brain-dead flag girls at the construction site for stopping bikes and telling them "we took down your plate #'s and we're calling it in to the police. We saw YOU guys speed past here a 1/2 hour ago......" My retort: "But we just came from Squamish..." In her infinite wisedom, she replies (I love this one) "there were three guys on bikes exactly like these..." As she's explaining this her co-worker stops another group of three riders..

Now I'm all for slowing down at constuction sites, and I always will, but I don't think they'd do the same thing to every hot car that came through that site. Then again, how much training can be involved in holding a sign? (uh-oh, here come the responses from guy with friends that are flag guys!) Maybe it's the sheer boredom that got punctuated by the excitement of actually doing something, like stopping guys how look like they're having fun?

I dunno, but it pissed me off. Mostly because there was no talking to them about it, no admission that they could possibly be wrong. What do you think?
    International Union of Elevator Constructors
    Local 82 Vancouver/Local 19 Seattle

ThyssenKrupp Team Seattle

Vertical Transportation Systems

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    05 Gixxer 1000 LE Supermoto: 07 DRZ400SM Dirt: 09 Kawasaki KX450F Monster Ed. 07 Custom Chopper
    HAHAHAHA I talked to 3 friends that rode up to squamish yesterday and they said the samething!
    Mayor Of "Poserville"

<----- Current Avatart Is *NWS*

Kawi=Junk™, Honda=Boring™, Suzuki=Wannabes™, Yamaha=Posers™, Ducati=Overrated™, Aprilia=Insecure™, BMW=Compensation™, Harley Davidson=Garbage™, Buell=See Harley™

Registered User Array Commuter Boy's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Bandit
    --shrug-- So what? They call the cops and..... nothing. Same as when you
    call in some fuckwit on the highway crowding you on your bike.

Unless they catch you, or radio ahead for them to wait for you to come barreling
    along, you've got nothing to worry about.

Registered User Array ReelExterminato's Avatar
    Bike
    FZR
    Doesn't it show up in the file a cop has when he pulls you over? It'd be better not to have that in there, so maybe he'll be more lenient.

Livin' la Vida Loca Array Devon's Avatar
    Bike
    You Betcha!
    The point is it wasn't us, and there was no way of dissuading them about it. The girls and their Supervisor where playing vigilanties by pulling over eveybody riding in groups of three (how unusual, huh?), and accusing them of speeding.
    International Union of Elevator Constructors
    Local 82 Vancouver/Local 19 Seattle

ThyssenKrupp Team Seattle

Vertical Transportation Systems

MIDNIGHT_RIDER
    next time slap em

Bike
    Kawasaki Land Rover and a liter-twin
    Quote Originally Posted by ReelExterminato
    Doesn't it show up in the file a cop has when he pulls you over? It'd be better not to have that in there, so maybe he'll be more lenient.
    I've gotten a letter from the Squamish RCMP before after getting called in for an enthusiastic pass. It stated that no electronic record would be kept.

FWIW

'04 R1 - You are mine! Array FloMan's Avatar
    Bike
    Yes please! Oh! That wasn't a question?
    Being white trash is a requirement to get a "flag person" job. I just give them the finger if they have an attitude and they always do. It's like they're guiding traffic prior to the coming of the US President. They see themselves as some sort of super heroes/secret agent type. It's quite laughable. They have absolutely no power whatsoever over you and even if a cop ever gave you a ticket based on what the flaggy said, it would never hold up in court.
    “Your failure to be informed does not make me a wacko.”
    -John Loeffler

“The truth will set you free, but first it will make you sick.”
    -Unknown

ssblade
    flaggers rule. how would you know how long to wait for the backhoe in the middle of the highway if they weren't there? in a world of chaos they are the one guiding light.

Registered User Array audiophile's Avatar
    Bike
    04 Yamaha R6
    fucking hell, i love it when i go through a two lane road that has one lane closed off with cones, and im doing like 50k, not anything fast, and they go BALLISTIC waving at you, shaking the sign... fuck em.

Bike
    FZR
    Haha audiophile, so true

Bike
    HiyaBubba
    same thing happened to me last summer.... you are required to stop... after that it's up to you.
    this particular flagperson went ballistic...she said I was speeding, passing on a double yellow, etc... whatever...
    gave her my card, told her to call the cops.
    haven't heard a thing, that was 8 months ago.

Bike
    03 ZX6RR
    flag holding is a 8 hour course that costs about $150 bucks(my uncles got it) He does part time work for mainroad contracting here and they pay him $24.50 an hour to stand there holding that damn sign! $24.50 HELL I DONT EVEN MAKE THAT ON OVERTIME!!!
    Some just dont get it......others do.

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Quote Originally Posted by ssblade
    flaggers rule. how would you know how long to wait for the backhoe in the middle of the highway if they weren't there? in a world of chaos they are the one guiding light.
    You're sure mellow today.....
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bike
    FZR
    So after you've stopped for them, you can just leave if they're being stupid? Can anyone else confirm that?