How to install Flexi-Glass Lower????

Thread: How to install Flexi-Glass Lower????

Bike
    ZX6R street, SV 650 Race

How to install Flexi-Glass Lower????

Hey Guys, I bought RustedFruits bodywork (Flexi-glass upper and lower) for a 2002 ZX6R, but now I'm tryin to figure out how to mount the little buggers!

On the upper, there are no mounts where the headlight used to be, I assume the only thing that holds on the upper is the mirror stay and the stock side mounts? I assume that would be stable enough?

Where the real trouble I'm having wrapping my head around is how do I mount the lower? Flexi-glass seems to have gotten rid of the Radiator Bracket mounting points and the pipe side lower mount. all that is there is their design is the kickstand side lower mount. is the only thing that holds the lower on is the Dzus clips along the seam and one lower mount??

OPP's lower seems to keep all 4 mounting points and the upper/lower seam.

Please help!

attached is a pic of the OPP lower from Rscudriver
    WMRC #12
    WMRC Treasurer 2006 - 2008
    WMRC President 2008 - 2010

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Addicted to two wheels Array rscudiver's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    AAAhhh, The mastery of brackery. Pick the nearest mounting points on the bike and then figure out how to bracket them together. I find it easier if you make a cardboard template and cut and adjust before hacking away any metal or aluminum stuff.

Bike
    ZX6R street, SV 650 Race
    Quote Originally Posted by rscudiver
    AAAhhh, The mastery of brackery. Pick the nearest mounting points on the bike and then figure out how to bracket them together. I find it easier if you make a cardboard template and cut and adjust before hacking away any metal or aluminum stuff.
    The problem I'm having is that the circled mounting points on the Flexi-Glass lower DON'T EXIST. I don't understand why they weren't put in.

I emailed Flexi-glass but they haven't gotten back to me yet. the other concern is that if I use the stock mounts like with the OPP lower, I will have to drill through fibreglass that has no kevlar reinforcement. Is that a problem?
    WMRC #12

Bike
    My what?
    Most if not all mointing points have to be drilled on race glass. Remember, measure twice, drill once.
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Bike
    ZX6R street, SV 650 Race
    Quote Originally Posted by rgm
    Most if not all mointing points have to be drilled on race glass. Remember, measure twice, drill once.

Would you reinforce the mounting points? I have access to tight weave Carbon Fibre scraps.
    WMRC #12

I might be dangerous! Array Manic's Avatar
    Bike
    Hurricane
    I'm not sure what the ZX6 glass is like but on my F4 the lower is attached to the upper fairing along the seam with three bolts each side and then at the kickstand on the left and at the pipe on the right.

Any ZX6 racers comments?