BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Westcoast Superbike School Open House

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  drooling 
G
#1 ·
G
#2 ·
Hi Gang,
Just a reminder that the Westcoast Superbike School is having an open house at the Swan this Wednesday night. ..it's free for everyone. I'll have the television set up, videos playing and Gio and Troy will be on site to answer any questions.

In my opinion, this is the best thing you can do for yourself and that's to invest in your safety. Come see the Art - Advanced Rider Training Course is all about and how it could help improve your riding skills.

Here are the details:
Date: Wednesday, April 13, 2005
Time: 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Place: The Swan @ 1724 W.4th ave

Everyone is invite. See you all Wednesday. :band :band

#4 ·
Schemazal said:
I'll be there. I want to know if it's possible to be so newbie that it might not benefit. :happysq
Yes and no. Yes, you can be such a newbie that it isn't beneficial. If you are not confident enough to at least stay with the bike into corners, you may want to go to Action or BCSB and relearn the basics. :) If you can take corner just fine at any speed and keep yourself calm, you should take this course. It will help you get your confidence and teach you that you aren't leaning the bike over anywhere near as much as you thought.

G
#5 · (Edited)
Here's the scoop...it's always good to go and see what's out there.
Dru is right...if you're comfortable handling your bike then you are ready for the ART course...if you're not comfortable you might wait...but in any case it's always good to seek out new information. After getting the knowledge then make the decision if it' right for you.
Ciao...see all of you Wednesday.
this course will change your riding style and help boast your confident but by no means will it make you a hard core racer...that stuff is for the track. :thumbup

#6 · (Edited)
Hi Julia and everyone else.

I'm really keen to get some track time this year, so improving my skills beforehand will be a great start. I'm going to be there on Wednesday to find out what is available from Westcoast. The only thing that's really been putting me off going to the track is the thought of taking my bike there and then trashing it :thumbup

I'd really like to improve my lean angle and the speed that I take corners. Looking forward to it.

See you on Wednesday,
Mark.

G
#8 ·
Hey Mark,
this is a great course...It'll make you certainly safer on the street.
This is one of the courses that I feel is a must if you want to ride with me on a long distance ride....for my own peace of mind, I know people that have taken this course and can take a corner safely or at least know how to lean into a corner and still have the max. amount of tire surface on the ground.

The old style of cornering...counter steering...is out!!!!!

If you don't know the new style...getting off your seat, weighting your pegs, using your body weight, and body positioning to help your take those corner safely and at the same time..taking those corners with the bike as upright as possible then it's time you all come out and checked out this course...

Here you learn to corner correctly and safely.

I'm promoting this course and no I don't make a commission..it's because it can help you save yourself when you feel you're going to hot into a corner....

Personally, money should not be an issue when it comes to your personal safety.

See all of you Wednesday. :thumbup

#9 ·
copton said:
Hi Julia and everyone else.

I'm really keen to get some track time this year, so improving my skills beforehand will be a great start. I'm going to be there on Wednesday to find out what is available from Westcoast. The only thing that's really been putting me off going to the track is the thought of taking my bike there and then trashing it :thumbup
If you take your street bike, you'll probably keep it closer to 95% of your max level when you reach the peak. Pretty much the only guys who crashed were those on race bikes. If you learn in the rain, your lean angle improvement won't go up that much. You won't find the ground unless you lean it too far and... crash. I've had my training already and it's an experience and learning tool that is invaluable.

I may or may not show up on Wednesday. If it's nice, I'll be there to show support as always. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.