FS: 1997 GSX-R750 Needs a New Home.
** NO LONGER FOR SALE **
I have a 1997 Suzuki GSX-R750, bought brand new by me in Jan 1998. Asking $5,600 NEGOTIABLE. Helmet / Extras negotiable. I can deliver to the lower mainland / Victoria & Nanaimo & vicinities.
If this sounds like something you (or someone you know) are interested in,
please call or email me at:
Thanks, I appreciate the interest!
- Mods: Yoshimura RS3 Slip-on pipe, K&N Air filter, carbs rejetted for pipe &
filter, and rear sprocket larger by two teeth for more torque. Frame savers on
- Mileage: About 44,500km on Engine, and 51,000km on ODO. The difference is that the rear sprocket is 2 teeth larger, skewing figures by about 13%. This
has been confirmed with an odo check.
- Mecahnically: Fully tuned, carbs cleaned, valves checked, plugs & oil
changed (Motul oil). Done Mar 18, and ready to ride.
I have had to replace the clutch cable and cam chain tensioner just recently.
Battery is new.
Bike will soon need a new front tire (one season max left), Otherwise, this
bike is mechanically great.
- Cosmetically: Scraped a bit on the left from an old crash (1998). You can
see the frame savers did their job. A tiny bit of damage on the otherside as
well. I can point it all out to you. The damage is visible up close, and was
only the plastic.
- Performance: At 48,000km on the odo, the bike had a dyno reading: 109 hp at the rear and 265km/hr top speed. A new 1997 Gixxer had an average of 109 to 111 hp at the rear, to give you a comparison. I think I still have the dyno chart if you care.
I've done the top end on the bike and it is superstable. Also every gas up I
always reset the trip meter and the bike's mileage is still consistent. If you
need to know I can let you know the city and highway mileages at different
Last edited by KGJ; 04-11-2005 at 10:28 AM.