Bike Size question

Thread: Bike Size question

Registered User Array
    Salmon Arm
    2008 Varadero

Question Bike Size question

Just looking for opinions as to whether a 1987 CBR600F would be a little on the small size for someone 6'4".

I cant seem to find any specs on the net for it but I am going to assume seat height would be similar to the 750 Nighthawk I used to own.

Any thoughts ?

2. Remove Advertisements

1st mate
    Well dude, I don't have much advice except if it feels good ride it. I am 6'1'' and ride a suzuki sv 650, I weigh about 190 lbs and it move's me quite well, I sit a little more upright that a normal sport bike, but I like it, where as some of my taller friends don't. Not the best advice, but I hope it helps.

East Van
    2015 Ninja 300 ABS
    Probably... there is (was?) an extremely overpriced '88 CBR600 at Richmond Motorsports when I was looking over a year ago, and it seemed too small for me (6'2"). Every time I went back over the summer/fall, it was still there. It might still be, you can go try it out. And laugh at the $4300 they want for it.

How many poser points? Array Spraxxx's Avatar
    Van Island
    '03 R6
    I am also 6'4" and last year when i was shopping around took out a 88 hurricane. you'll find out the the cbr wheel base is alot shorter then most bikes. i now ride an R6 and it fits me perfect.

but hey its what you're comfortable on
    Said best by Bob and Doug Mackenzie - HOSER!

Registered User Array
    Salmon Arm
    2008 Varadero
    Thanks for the input so far, I guess I'll have to try and find one locally to try out, or at least just sit on, I am contemplating making a trade for one. It kinda Sucks that I am on the Island and the bike is in Abbotsford so I flying blind on this one.

Anyone know if the specs changed at all between 87 and 90 ?

Je ne suis pas Francais Array nutcracker's Avatar
    none at the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxxx
    I am also 6'4" and i now ride an R6 and it fits me perfect.
    Wow , I'm 6'2" and I find the R6 too small for me . That just tells you that someone really has to try a bike to make an opinion instead of asking what everybody thinks of a bike size wise.

My 0.03$
    2010 can't affort a bike anymore
    2006 Husqvarna 610SM
    2004 VFR
    2003 R1
    2002 KTM LC4
    1998 ZX6-R
    I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death.