V&H Slip -on too loud??

Thread: V&H Slip -on too loud??

ZX6R street, SV 650 Race

V&H Slip -on too loud??

I have a Vance and Hines slip-on can on my 2002 ZX-6R. Is there a way to tell if I will be too loud for Mission? It's not as loud as a D&D, or some other exhausts, but I don't want to get bounced out for a noise violation at the track portion for the WCSB School.

Any opinions? Should I repack it? It's the S4 Titanium bolt-on.

WMRC #12
    WMRC Treasurer 2006 - 2008
    WMRC President 2008 - 2010

2. Remove Advertisements

Its quiet in here! Array Biker69's Avatar
    1993 CBR900RR
    Honestly, the only way to tell is to take it out there. Theres a couple of test and tunes you can try, then we will tell you if its too loud and then you can fix it up before racing starts.
    Head tech inspector-WMRC

2000 GSXR750 racebike for sale- http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...white-3200-obo

Team Black Dog Racing

WMRC Past Prez three time Array NFG's Avatar
    Yamaha RD350LC Race Bike (Sold!)/ Yamaha XS1100 /YSR 50 Street and Race / Two 50cc Pocket Bikes / Honda Z50/ Yamaha BWS 50 (Sold!) /Yamaha MX100/ Yamaha YZ250/ Husqvarna 430 / a few projects in parts....
    If your pipe is to loud we'll tell you. You then have to try fixing it. You then go out and try again. Still to loud? We'll tell you and you try and fix it. Try again....... See a patern? As a Student we expect that things will not be perfect and we'll help you. Stress about it when it happens. Till then get your ride and yourself as together as you can.

Ryan you are going to love the track and racing. We're a good group of guys and girls that will always try and get you out there. If you have issues or problems just ask for help. In fact if you have questions just contact me at lmedlicott@telus.net and I'll do what I can. I'm a Novice Rep and that's why I'm here.
    Stefan Medlicott
    NFG Racing

"I guarantee that it will start, and I guarantee that it
    will blow up. I cannot guarantee the time between those two events."

"....those who go for broke often get there...."

"Buy in Haste, Repent at Leisure."

back on the street Array lowlife's Avatar
    2008 GSXR 750 (race only), 2015 Ninja 1000 (street)
    Troy was saying that he may have a DB meter at Tradex, which if needed would give you approx 2 weeks to get if fixed......I believe you can get a plug that goes into the pipe that reduces the noise level by 3-5 Db.....
    WMRC #97
    EMRA/CMRA #97