CHALLENGE: calling all keyboard warriors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CHALLENGE: calling all keyboard warriors

Bike
    Team Zookie: 1977 GS400, 1980 GS750E, 2004 GSX1300R Hayabusa

CHALLENGE: calling all keyboard warriors

I was impressed by this quote from another thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Prez
    If you believe that the world economy is on the verge of collapse, you are "fear mongering" or "believing everything you read on the internet".

If you think everything is going to be just fine you are either "overly optimistic" or "have your head in the sand".
    An astute observation, I love it! This is how we argue ... not with the facts, not with logic, but by bashing the other side, dismissing them, or demonizing them. Gay rights, Kyoto, Terry Schiavo, the NHL lockout ... doesn't matter, it's all the same.

Ever tried having an intelligent, constructive debate about the motives of George Bush? Can't be done. Not on this site, anyway.

Somebody wanna prove me wrong?

You like popsicles? Array Hogie's Avatar
    Bike
    huh?
    although I don't agree with what you have to say, I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

ssblade
    so whats your fuckin point. maybe you should make some friends outside of internet forums to discuss deep thoughts with.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by ssblade
    maybe you should make some friends outside of internet forums to discuss deep thoughts with.
    Okay, I will, thanks. Didn't know internet forums were restricted to shallow thoughts, my mistake.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogie
    although I don't agree with what you have to say, I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
    Aw geez, Hogie, just when I've lost all confidence in you, you come back and say something perfect. Damn, I hate it when that happens!

'04 R1 - You are mine! Array FloMan's Avatar
    Bike
    Yes please! Oh! That wasn't a question?
    Quote Originally Posted by ssblade
    so whats your fuckin point. maybe you should make some friends outside of internet forums to discuss deep thoughts with.
    If I was a tough guy and I wasn't so scared and helpless, I'd come and beat the snot out of you because man, you annoy the piss out of me. I don't know why I haven't put you on my ignore list yet, along with the other douche bags on this site.

It's not that you are outspoken, it's the fact that you're a dumb ass that gets to me. If you still had one or two brain cells working for you, you wouldn't vomit worthless shit every time you opened your mouth.

God! How I wish I was a tough guy and knew some moves. I would set a whole bunch of you straight. Maybe one day, if I keep taking my vitamins...maybe one day!
    “Your failure to be informed does not make me a wacko.”
    -John Loeffler

“The truth will set you free, but first it will make you sick.”
    -Unknown

Bike
    Canon 1ds3 1d4
    my cats breath smells like catfood

i fight with google, sometimes its wrong, but really, i dont care in the end. living in the sticks sucks balls
    no

ridenrain
    The level of discussion depends on the audience, the forum and the subject. When you're facts are countered with " STFU Noob" and then you are compared to Hitler, you might as well give up. The other problem is that the internet breeds these short, smart-assed comments that the author thinks sound witty but have no points or direction.
    You're also not helping when you pick topics like Kyoto, global warming, etc. Even "the experts" can't agree and we have all become (at least I have) that we don't trust them anymore.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson
    my cats breath smells like catfood

i fight with google, sometimes its wrong, but really, i dont care in the end. living in the sticks sucks balls

Perhaps Friday night is a bad time to post up something like this. Ah, well....

Bike
    Canon 1ds3 1d4
    nope
    no

You like popsicles? Array Hogie's Avatar
    Bike
    huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by dog44
    Aw geez, Hogie, just when I've lost all confidence in you, you come back and say something perfect. Damn, I hate it when that happens!
    mwa ha ha, that was my plan all along.

Bike
    2004 R1, 2005 DL1000 V-Strom
    An astute observation, I love it! This is how we argue ... not with the facts, not with logic, but by bashing the other side, dismissing them, or demonizing them.

An amazing piece of generalization Wayne. I appreciate what you're saying though, and agree for the most part. The internet is a poor place for debate, simply since you don't have to consider the other persons feelings. It's like suddenly becoming FAS, and loosing the ability to rationalize cause and effect.

I have a neighbour who's very intelligent, unfortunately for you male, but is great for these types of conversations. Come over for a beer one night.
    Reformatted to fit your screen.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Kentor
    I have a neighbour who's very intelligent, unfortunately for you male, but is great for these types of conversations. Come over for a beer one night.
    Hey, cool! Thanks, Kent!!! I'd love to meet your neighbour. But I'll wait until you move next to Jessica Alba.

Bike
    2004 R1, 2005 DL1000 V-Strom
    Bless you!
    Reformatted to fit your screen.

Devil's Advocate Array RoadBlur's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki XV 2182
    I was impressed by this quote from another thread...

An astute observation, I love it! This is how we argue ... not with the facts, not with logic, but by bashing the other side, dismissing them, or demonizing them. Gay rights, Kyoto, Terry Schiavo, the NHL lockout ... doesn't matter, it's all the same.

Ever tried having an intelligent, constructive debate about the motives of George Bush? Can't be done. Not on this site, anyway.

Somebody wanna prove me wrong?
    Thats because we debate not george bush, but the character he plays on tv. And that guys a redneck hick with one finger on the nuke button and the other one on the phrase in the bible that says 'yall are fucked'. How can you have an intelligent debate about that???
    -=Graduate: Dragon Driving School=-

Raise your pitch forks in the air, shake 'em like ya just don't care!