Glove lifespan?

Thread: Glove lifespan?

Bike
    2014 FZ-09

Glove lifespan?

How long should a pair of gloves last? One of the pairs I bought last summer by Rhyno have maybe 20 hours of use and are starting to fall apart. The stitches started comming out pretty much as soon as I took em out of the pack. I know I shoulda took em back but I'm a procrastenator (sp?) when it comes to returning things and I never got around to it in time. Anyway I'm just wondering if this is normal or are these just total crap?

Since I'm gona have to get a new pair this spring any recommendations?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    I'd say they're total crap. That's rediculous. I'd take them back and complain even with the wear. There's no way they should come apart in that short a time.

..................... uh, you didn't go for a slide on them did you?
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bike
    2014 FZ-09
    Heh no slide, I bought them last summer/fall to late to take em back now. live and learn I guess, oh ya any of you considering a pair of Rhyno gloves, well don't.

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Originally posted by Quasi
    Heh no slide, I bought them last summer/fall to late to take em back now. live and learn I guess, oh ya any of you considering a pair of Rhyno gloves, well don't.
    Why? Has the shop you got them from gone out of business? Gloves should last longer than one season. Hell, you only used them for the fall unless you've been riding all winter. That's only 1/3 of a season. Take 'em back and ask for a refund or at least a very good deal on some new ones. Like 3/4 of the cost of the Rhynos off of whatever you want.

If they are all that bad and you didn't just happen to win the Rhyno lottery then chances are allmost certain you won't be the first person to bring them back.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bluestone
    And if the dealer won't do it, than contact the Rhyno company itself. Maybe you happened to get the lemon or whatever, but the customer service at Rhyno would definately replace those! What was the warranty on those? Either way, write a letter to Rhyno, you'd be surprised to see what kind of stuff copmanies will do to keep a customer happy.

CBR600F2
    not trying to lick on RHYNO's nuts or anything but i have RHYNO gloves too and they are great and i havent had any probs with them yet...

ive had them since last year and its all good still.

just my opinion and my experience...

i agree though.. i say you write at least or call.

Bike
    2014 FZ-09
    I'd send an email their way but I can't find a website, anyone know it?

Bike
    sumfing nekkid
    I logged about 22k out of my Teknic. I've got a hole in each palm (insert joke here ). One on the left thumb from the turn signal. And the other from the bar end on the right hand. The only thing I can complain about with these gloves is that the palms stretched out a bit. It sort of rolls up and interfers with releasing the clutch.

Bike
    '07 Aprilia RSV1000R
    try the Dianese, you will not regret it

Bike
    2001 ZX6R
    I have got Teknic Violator 2 gloves, approx. 25ks on them, a small tear in the right hand thumb palm area and some small ones at the top of the fingers, but otherwise they are fine. Going to get new ones, but will wait for the Daytona party....just in case I win some....
    2001 ZX6R
    WMRC #32 Amateur

Registered User Array LimitedEdition's Avatar
    Bike
    Japanese Twin
    I got the Teknic with the Chrome knuckles? I got about 7000 kms on it. Some threads are broken, but the glove is made of nice material. I don't like how the material bunches up. It doesn't feel comfortable on my long yet thin fingers.. I think they were made for non-asians or people with larger fingers.

TODAY I SAW BLITZ TAICHI GEAR That shit is dope. The gloves FIT SO WELL. Felt so comfy. Made movements like grabbing the clutch and signaling very precise. My teknic gloves just feel clumsy. TAICHI is the shit. My next pair will be TAICHI.

Bike
    i need a new bike.
    you like it eh?!?!?!
    ohyah
    i'll email him now

Bike
    2001 ZX6R
    how much were your glives Blitz ?
    2001 ZX6R
    WMRC #32 Amateur

Bike
    i need a new bike.
    i dun remember, im guessing i paid around 100-150 for them
    way better quality than the Technic gloves i got at bk, the ones that almost everyone has.