bike for newb rider?

Thread: bike for newb rider?

bike for newb rider?

I’m a newb; no license nor bike yet. But sometime after I get past that, I hope to try race school and track time. is there a bike that's forgiving for a newb but not shabby at the track?

Thanks for any tips!
    Last edited by everbruin; 04-06-2005 at 12:33 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

West Koots, I'm here.... Array flyfishinwoman's Avatar
    "the Koots"
    a few toys
    Try a search, there's been a jillion threads on this subject, and I'm sure you will find some good info. Also, it's a good idea to get some saddle time before taking an Advanced Rider Training course, then try the race course after you have done this. Info here:
    Last edited by flyfishinwoman; 04-06-2005 at 03:04 PM.
    Back in BC, yay!!!
    2010 Yamaha Vstar 950
    250 Saga Dual-sport
    AC quad
    BCSB #712
    WMRC #747 (2005)

The Mighty One
    many that come to mind. My favorite is the Suzuki SV650. They stand out with me because of the forgiving power compared to an inline 600, and they have a lot of potential to go fast as you get better.

Too bad we couldn't incorporate an annoying pop-up for new people that sign up... n00bs

Bring on the sun Array Bandit_Ryder's Avatar
    Ease up bud...he didn't know.

I think we should have an annoying pop-up for people without bikes on bike sites.

Well, he obviously didn't bother looking for a search...

Hey, I may not have a bike but you don't see me making threads like "what is a good litre starter bike", "car or bike" (then end up making excuses to get a bike), or "what cc should I get".

As a matter of fact, I've probably made only 1 or 2 threads my entire time here it's pretty obvious that I can think for myself and use the search.

More than meets the eye Array Pvt. BLOGGINS's Avatar
    2004 Katana 750, 1992 GS500
    GSXR 1000 any less and yer a pussy....

Kidding... go with the SV650

to the particularly "warm" popup welcoming party:
    i did do a search on first/starter bikes. That didn't help much, since my question is more specific: is there a starter bike that's track worthy. That's why i posted here instead of the newbie forum. If u can find me links that answer my question, pray tell and thanks!

to those who suggested sv650, thanks again!

Registered User Array ReelExterminato's Avatar
    FZR400 would be awesome, but there's few around. I've heard from a few people it's one of the friendliest bikes around, and at 400cc's will force you to quickly learn to be quick in the corners.
    Last edited by ReelExterminato; 04-06-2005 at 08:58 PM.