To have front lights or not to have . . . That is the question . . .

Thread: To have front lights or not to have . . . That is the question . . .

Talking To have front lights or not to have . . . That is the question . . .

Hi Guys,

They will be starting work on my 600RR 2005 Friday and I am getting them to install the stop/turn signal in one taillight with no turn signals. That is a 100% decided by me thing.

I need to ask your opinion guys. The stock front blinkers are wierd looking. Too big and all. I can get two options here.

(1) Flat ones that just stick out .5cm if even that.
    My Pro: Small. Look cooler. Seen from the side better.
    My Con: Seen not that great from infront due to angle placement I'd think. but then again, I never seen it at night.

(2) Like the stock ones, but smaller. About 1/3 or 1/2 the size.
    My Pro: Smaller than stock, vibile from in front for sure.
    My Con: Not that cool and I heard of possible water stortage due to the casing that flushes it with the existing hole.

(1) Which one should I install safety wise?
    (2) Which one should I install look wise?
    (3) Which one is illegal or legal?

Thanks a million.

2. Remove Advertisements

You don't wanna hear my opinion but i think you should make them as visible as possible.

Man i must be too old....

rain? whats that! Array REVELATIONS's Avatar
    SV 1000s
    I'd love to have some 150$ LED front signals that worked great but didnt look so dauntingly stock!

You would have to compare the signal output during a worst case scenario, IE daytime with bright sunlight. If the ibiots (drivers) dont see what youre doing, you will find yourself in a world of hurt a lot if you ride the street.

Go with the brightest, mounted as far as possible from the headlight.

I'm using GREGG's CUSTOMS flushmount turn signals up front. great during nite/low light riding but during the day it could be brighter.

check them out:

they also offer a WHITE cover version - the ones I own and describe above. so far they work great and in my opinion look steathy goodness.

the back turn signals must be at least 20 cm apart. Integreted Brake/turn signals are illegal unless the turn signals are 20 cm apart and then it would be an ugly brake light!!!

Double 'R'

vancouver yamaha deals with watsen directly.