1 2.78%
  • ur a post whore

20 55.56%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Arrow Slip-on poll -what do you like?-

Bike
    dirt pig

Arrow Slip-on poll -what do you like?-

I have always used Carbon fiber ARAKA...but I am entertaining the thought of a different brand for my new ride. (RC-51) I was thinking of trying an ARROW 'carby' Slip-on.

thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Super-Fast Redneck Array jschapansky's Avatar
    Bike
    99' Yamaha R6 turned Streetfighter
    i said your a post whore because i have no opinion on the other choices. havent heard or seen one on a RC51
    2 wheels or 4 wheel drive

Bike
    ZX10r
    I've got a Titanium Arrow slipon on my bike... At first I was a bit dissapointed, it sounded pretty similiar to stock. After some mileage it sounded better, but you can really only tell the difference at the upper revs. Its got more of a 'mechanical whine' than a throaty sound. I love the sound, just wish it was a bit more apparent/louder. Not sure how it would sound on the RC51.

Bike
    '07 GSX-R 750
    Quote Originally Posted by jschapansky
    i said your a post whore because i have no opinion on the other choices. havent heard or seen one on a RC51
    25,000 feet is my own little piece of heaven

Registered User Array
    Bike
    04 Jake The Snake with paniers
    I was entertaining the idea of getting an RC and spent a few months researching before I decided against it. All the RC nuts over at speezilla swear by Sato. Not cheap but they seem to make good numbers all through the curve when combined with a Dan Kyle map on a power commander. Low mounts make the most power and the Banzai high mounts are super loud (only avail for the SP2). The finish on these cans will make you drop a load, the welds are simply amazing. Haven't heard anything about the arrows but the akros make the bulk of its gains on the top end. If all you want is noise, go with a D&D if they make them for the 51.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    If you are going to put pipes on an RC, there is only one way to go..SATO! I'm serious, don't screw around with Hindles, Akro, Arrow (no one puts Arrows on an RC). Buy the cans from Dan Kyle get him to build you a map to your specs and you wikl have the sweetest sound along with a greatly improved powerband (smooooth).

The high mounts (see my gallery), and the Banzai mounts do not allow for passenger pegs, however I did find some very nice aftermarket aluminum passenger pegs that worked well with the high mounts.

The length of the cans on the high mounts is smaaaaaaall. They are the loudest I think as well.
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    dirt pig
    Thanks for taking the time CDG...great input...

Yup, bin' on a holiday... Array SkipTkt's Avatar
    Bike
    1 Honda, 1 Suzuki, 1 Yamaha.

Talking

I can't afford SATO pipes . And my alternative might get me flamed like a pig at a BBQ ...but here it goes: I had Two-Brothers (high-mounts) on my last VTR and they were great. Sound great on an RC as well. Seems only a few brands are a good match for vtwins [?]. Certainly some pipes sound great on anything BUT a vtwin. My new-to-me VTR has Yoshi Rs3's but I'd still prefer the Two-Brothers (this time: low mounts). Unless someone wants to send me spare coing for SATOs?

I'd add that since Two Brothers are loud: I'm still willing to ride at the back of the group so my friends can hear whether their bikes are running or not.
    Last edited by SkipTkt; 04-17-2005 at 09:35 PM.
    It's not the number of breaths you take but the moments that leave you breathless.

Newbie Poser Squid Array bafflebrain's Avatar
    Bike
    bad, m'kay?
    Quote Originally Posted by CDG
    If you are going to put pipes on an RC, there is only one way to go..SATO! I'm serious, don't screw around with Hindles, Akro, Arrow (no one puts Arrows on an RC). Buy the cans from Dan Kyle get him to build you a map to your specs and you wikl have the sweetest sound along with a greatly improved powerband (smooooth).

The high mounts (see my gallery), and the Banzai mounts do not allow for passenger pegs, however I did find some very nice aftermarket aluminum passenger pegs that worked well with the high mounts.

The length of the cans on the high mounts is smaaaaaaall. They are the loudest I think as well.
    Apparently, one did and its at DT Carter:
    http://www.buysell.com/advertisers/c...sp?id=43463005

I have heard this bike with the Arrows and it sounded pretty good. Then again, I have not been around an RC51 with Sato to know the difference.
    "It's not my fault your slow!"

Bike
    dirt pig
    Test rode that one and it feels weird...sounds ok I guess...

Newbie Poser Squid Array bafflebrain's Avatar
    Bike
    bad, m'kay?
    How do you define 'weird'. Pls. elaborate.
    Last edited by bafflebrain; 04-18-2005 at 05:12 PM.
    "It's not my fault your slow!"

Bike
    dirt pig
    Quote Originally Posted by bafflebrain
    How do define 'weird'. Pls. elaborate.
    Sorry that was a farily weak response on my part...

It felt like the power was lagging through out the rpm range...similar to an I4 below the powerband and it never improved...just not nearly as tight and responsive as I had hoped. Granted it was fastish , but it is a 1000 after all. All in all I feel it was not the right setup for me.

Bike
    dirt pig

Good stuff...tks...

Yup, bin' on a holiday... Array SkipTkt's Avatar
    Bike
    1 Honda, 1 Suzuki, 1 Yamaha.

Cool

Power lagging through the rpm range is exactly NOT how an RC51 ought to feel. Quite the opposite. The bike must not be set up properly... which is a shame. It should have felt torquey -evenly so- all the way through the range. I'd have bought one this year if Vince's VTR hadn't come available. Once ya had twins, ya never go back . Be sure to test another RC51...

Quote Originally Posted by Pitdogboy
    Sorry that was a farily weak response on my part...

It felt like the power was lagging through out the rpm range...similar to an I4 below the powerband and it never improved...just not nearly as tight and responsive as I had hoped. Granted it was fastish , but it is a 1000 after all. All in all I feel it was not the right setup for me.
    It's not the number of breaths you take but the moments that leave you breathless.