Anyone ride Seymour?

Thread: Anyone ride Seymour?

Bikeless in Coquitlam Array davet's Avatar
    Bike
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R

Anyone ride Seymour?

Some friends took me up Seymour last night, I'd never been up there before. We thought we were going a good pace, I'm pretty cautious on a new road, when all of sudden we were blown past by a group of 5 or so. I saw a 929 and a ZX9 and a couple of older bikes. They schooled us pretty good, basically spanked my bum and sent me home to mommy! Wanted to stop and chat at the bottom, but the one of the guys I was with was pissed because he figured someone passed him too close.

Was it anyone from the board??

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    pinto
    eh you never know...

one thing about seymour.. take it easy the first few times.. there are corners where sand and rocks get tracked onto the apex of a corner.

I believe the second tight right hander (going up) is the biggest one...

On the inside of the corner is a sandy parking area.. well cars park there all the time, when they leave, the bring that crap onto the road..

mikey
    I live at the base of Seymour and I've never really liked to ride it. As mentioned there's just too many weird, bumpy, blind, decreasing radius turns for my liking. You might as well just ride to Lions Bay for high speed action. Plus the view is nicer!

azn_gixxer
    i perfer cypress than seymour.

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    Originally posted by azn_gixxer
    i perfer cypress than seymour.
    I like the twistiness of Seymour better...but the road quality and cleanliness of Cypress is MUCH better.
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

www.bcstunters.com Array skid-mark's Avatar
    Bike
    Преве́д
    Cypress is nice... but the long stretches are boring...
    The gravel on the 4th turn up Cypress is a nightmare... you guys know which turn... the really tight one...

I'm gravel scared on Seymore too so I don't go there much, but I will this weekend... So if I'm taking her slow don't bust me too bad... we'll race up after I get back down so then I'll know the corners a bit...