BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

600RR w/ GREGGS CUSTOM flushmounts AND CLEAR ALTERNATIVES TAIL/TURN-LIGHT

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  iakai 
G
#1 ·
Does any else here have this combo for their Honda CBR 600RR?

I've hooked up this combo:
- Gregg's Customs flushmount turnsignals
http://www.greggscustoms.com/600rr_f4i.htm
- Clear Alternatives Taillight w/ INTEGRATED Turnsignal

At first, the turnsignals wouldn't BLINK. instead they would TURN ON at a hyper strobe rate, simply like CONSTANT ON. However, when I turn on the engine and with a rev, the turn signals blink at proper frequency. I think my CLEAR ALTERNATIVES taillight/turn integrated might have a short within the circuit board; one side of the running brake light is dead now, AND my battery died after a full off-season of trickle charge - unhooked the taillight and now it starts fine.

Now shouldn't the turnsignals blink even with the engine off? Does anyone else have this problem? any suggestions/remedies?

#3 ·
mosquito said:
libertek flasher relay
Yep, flasher relay would work but I found that putting a resistor per side, L/R was far easier.

Why a resistor? Cause led turn signals provide very little resistance compared to their incandenscent cousins (i.e. stock signal bulbs), hence the faster or in your case, super fast strobe like blinking.

I gonna guess that you've removed the rear stock signals, replaced the front's with the greggs and brake light with the clear alternatives... so it's pretty similar to my set up.

For the record, I'm running a VFX tail light, and watsen design signals up front with a 12 Ohms, 25 watt resister per side. The fronts blink at about 3.5 to 4 per second which is faster than stock but I actually wanted it that way. I used 25 watt (rather than the stock 5 watt) rating cause they tend to handle heat build up better when you leave your signals on for a long time.

If you want to slow it down more, the next resistor up is 16 Ohms which will probably be as close to stock as you'll get unless you want to experiment with different resistance combos.

Good luck!

#6 ·
I ordered my pair of watsens directly from the website via email. I put my order in last August but actually didn't receive them until Dec. YES, Roger (the owner/manufacturer) was/is that busy and he gave me the option to get a pair back in Oct or wait for the newer design coming out in a month or two. I opted to wait and I'm glad I did cause I got the ones with 2 side leds that also came with the new leds with wider view angles.

The darn signal is a great flushmount replacement and is safer than anything I've seen on the market thus far. I was riding with some buddies over the weekend and they commented on how they could see my signals in their rear view mirrors and everybody knows you can't really see much in mirrors to begin with :roflmao

Don't get me wrong... I really like the look of the Gregg's but it's nearly impossible to see the signals blinking from head on. I know this cause my buddy had a pair on his RR.

So yah, resistors work good here :spinsmile

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.