Driving on the sholder on highway 1

Thread: Driving on the sholder on highway 1

Big Stick

Driving on the sholder on highway 1

Any body know what kinda fines the popo give out for riding on the sholder, i get my new bike on moday and drive the burnaby everyday 4 school, i am cing atleast 5 bikes a day pass on the sholder and was wondering if anyone knew or has had a encounter with the five o for doing this?

2. Remove Advertisements

pedalling like a madman
    passing on the right is 3 points and 150ish isn't it? or it was a couple years ago when i encountered it

Bring on the sun Array Bandit_Ryder's Avatar
    I think it's like 109 bucks...not sure ask Greenspy he got one a few weeks ago....(in the car though)...Pretty sure it was $109...
    R.I.P. Danimal

Devil's Advocate Array RoadBlur's Avatar
    The slums of new west
    Suzuki XV 2182
    Pass on Right of Roadway MVA 158(7)(b) $109 -$25 if payed within 30 days ($84.00).

Cst. Doncaster is cute, make sure to say hi!
    -=Graduate: Dragon Driving School=-

Raise your pitch forks in the air, shake 'em like ya just don't care!

Registered User Array Commuter Boy's Avatar
    Suzuki Bandit
    The last time this was debated, it seemed that there was no specific prohibition
    about passing on the left, since it was a single line.

Passing on the right is a no-no.

If you do get a ticket for passing on the left, keep your mouth shut and don't
    argue, it'll be interesting to see what you offence they try to ticket you for.

Keep us posted.

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    If your bike is aircooled they may be a little more lenient. At least that's what all the Harley riders probably use as an excuse. But don't blast down there like it's a race track or they'll hit you with a tax ticket for sure.

Good luck if it's a water cooled bike with a fan and the guy knows his bikes....
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

I got one....Passing on the right = $109 ....good luck!