Bike down on the Lions gate off ramp
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike down on the Lions gate off ramp

Bike
    dirt pig

Bike down on the Lions gate off ramp

Just went for a S2S cruise and saw a yellow GIXXER downed on the circle off ramp...Hope the rider is ok...any one know what happened? it looked like a low-side slide to me...

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    R-Six
    I was just talking about that turn yesterday with a few buddies, one of the best turns in the city, i hope he low sided getting onto the bridge instead of off, then atleast he hit rhubarb and not oncoming vehicles.

Hope the rider is ok, WAY too many riders down already.

Bike
    05 Gixxer 1000 LE Supermoto: 07 DRZ400SM Dirt: 09 Kawasaki KX450F Monster Ed. 07 Custom Chopper
    Oh boy I hope its not who I think it is.
    Mayor Of "Poserville"

<----- Current Avatart Is *NWS*

Kawi=Junk™, Honda=Boring™, Suzuki=Wannabes™, Yamaha=Posers™, Ducati=Overrated™, Aprilia=Insecure™, BMW=Compensation™, Harley Davidson=Garbage™, Buell=See Harley™

Bike
    dirt pig
    the bike had twin pipes (not under seat cans)...not that badley trashed...lotsa lowside slide marks on the right side plastics which would be consistant with a L.S. on that turn. But I zipped past and that was all I could see.
    Last edited by Pitdogboy; 05-02-2005 at 11:10 AM.

waypastfast
    hope the rider is OK, If it was a gixxer it would only have 1 can??? would it not?

Bike
    in the works
    I,ve gotten a bunch of calls from friends to see if I was ok .. My buddy was down in west van and he thought it was a ducati 800SS. It wasn't me , but I hope the rider is ok......

Ya...I ride this too! Array carson's Avatar
    Bike
    600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducati lover
    I,ve gotten a bunch of calls from friends to see if I was ok .. My buddy was down in west van and he thought it was a ducati 800SS. It wasn't me , but I hope the rider is ok......
    Actually i thot it was you! Glad its not!

Hope the rider is A-Ok!

Motorhead
    The gixer may have had twin Devils for pipes.Hope the rider is OK.

Yup, bin' on a holiday... Array SkipTkt's Avatar
    Bike
    1 Honda, 1 Suzuki, 1 Yamaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by waypastfast
    hope the rider is OK, If it was a gixxer it would only have 1 can??? would it not?
    Don't take this the wrong way but ...If it does have two cans, it's a mod that the rider's closer friends will recognize so they won't be waiting for the phone to ring, wondering where their friend is. (I say this respectfully.) That kind of waiting -for more info- is really hard. I think we've all been there...

I do hope the rider's OK. Bikes can be fixed.
    It's not the number of breaths you take but the moments that leave you breathless.

Free R. Kelly! Array vincenzo888's Avatar
    Bike
    some kind
    i saw it too. it was actually a tlr. which would explain the double yosh stainless cans on it. didn't see any rider at the time though. hope he's ok.

saw another rider down at the top of cypress. a dude on a red 600rr. was riding with his buddies who were riding scooters. i talked to a couple of them and they said he'll be alright. but he was hurt and the ambulance took him away. he was conscious and everything, but you could see the shock kicking in.

the dude was originally on the scooter then got on his buddy's bike. the rider wasn't wearing gear and only a scooter helmet they give you from the rentals and no liscence. i think it was his first time on a bike as well by the way they were all talking. he hit the concrete barrier. i told his buddy who owned the bike that he's extremly lucky to be alive. and too bad about the bike because the insurance won't cover that. but at least his friend is alive.

and i didn't want to go riding today either. ride safe everyone.
    Last edited by vincenzo888; 05-01-2005 at 08:16 PM.

Bike
    2008 Beemer (touring)
    A TLR or a TLS?? I have a friend who's got one & lives in West Vancouver - double pipes... Two Brothers. I hope it's not him
    Taking It to the Track

WMRC Racer #911 (retired)
    PCMRC Racer #911 (retired)

Free R. Kelly! Array vincenzo888's Avatar
    Bike
    some kind
    it was a yellow TLR (full fairings) with stainless yosh pipes.

Bike
    2008 Beemer (touring)
    Thanks, just checked with Bob & it's not him. Whew!! Sorry to hear that there's a rider down though.
    Taking It to the Track

WMRC Racer #911 (retired)
    PCMRC Racer #911 (retired)

Bike
    1991 RGV250M
    yeah I passed by and it was a yellow TLR. bike was upright with some rash on the side. it didn't look like it was too bad, but it was odd the cops closed the area off so I hope the rider is OK.

rain? whats that! Array REVELATIONS's Avatar
    Bike
    SV 1000s
    Fak I know the season's still young but I dont recall this many bikes going down all of a sudden in seasons past.......