SV650S front end swap.

Thread: SV650S front end swap.

Bike
    2K9 ZX-6R

Question SV650S front end swap.

I want to install a new front end to my 2001 SVS. I'd like to have full suspension adjustments; compression, rebound, and preload. any suggestions as to what forks may fit??
    Your Anguish Sustains Me

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

glowing ghostie! Array gordopolis's Avatar
    Bike
    I have kids
    I heard talk of GSXR forks being swapped in... Search the mailing list at SVRider.com

Bike
    <>
    I recently did a track day after putting Ractech springs, gold valves, and 20w fork oil. It made a huge difference over stock. I weighh 185lbs and the stocl front end was diving too badly and had very little compression and rebound dampening.

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Basilla's option might be cheaper than a GSXR transplant. But if you opt for the transplant you'd be better off checking with the SV racing boards but I believe the whole front end just fits right into the head tube of the SV. So along with the better shocks I believe you get larger rotors and better calipers. But check with them. It's been done many times before.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bike
    2K9 ZX-6R
    Stock tubes are 41 mm. if i don't have to press out the stem and bearings it would be a lot simpler. but larger front rotors would be nice addition too. i have progressive springs now but i think i'll try 20w oil first. if any one knows of someone with 41 mm adjustable tubes with wheel and braking set up, that would be great.
    Your Anguish Sustains Me