BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Yet another scam on buy&sell.

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  doug 
G
#1 ·
http://buysell.com/showad.asp?id=43901625
Ok so it's an R1. with only 890 miles(why would it be MILES if its not an american bike??)for 5-something G's
Looking at the 2 pics, you notice one pic of the bike has aftermarket pipe and windscreen and the other looks like it has a seat cowl. Now, do you think this is 2 pics of the same bike or someone pirated 2 pics of different black/flamed R1's and put them in the scam ad?
Ad never sais what bike it is, year or anything about mods.

G
#14 ·
Forget the bike. Looking at the background gives you much better clues. In one pic there is mountains. In the other there are none. Mountains don't just dissappear like that unless those pics were taken at least 1000 "miles" apart. And I don't recall Nova Scotia having mountainous terrain either. And notice the two different types of fauna? In the pic with the mountains the trees are those that are in more northern climates while in the one with no mountains, the trees are native to hotter, southern climates. Definantly pics riped off the net from 2 different places, none of them similar to Nova Scotia.

G
#15 ·
any ad with crappy english usually means it's a scam. people are generally too careful with their ads since they hoping to sell the item in question. Either that or they have some sob story in their ad.

#16 ·
When I was looking for a bike I hit a couple of scams. Very disappointing. When I advertised a few bikes, most of the responses were from scammers. The best one I got was yesterday from a guy that wanted me to sell him ten 1980 Honda 400's at $2,300 a piece. Unfortunatly, I had to inform him that I only had one left.

#18 ·
The scams will go on. Buysell has the ability to shut these ads down before they even get posted, if they would just listen and think a little bit. I gave them a hint about using their database but they can't seem to figure it out.

I just got a letter last week from them, they said their internet management team would like me to take all reference to the buysell and autotrader off my website since they have the disclaimer up i asked for. I told them I'm sure they would but everything I have is fact on my website and the site does not slam the buysell but point out some scams that i found and have proof of. I said i wouldn't "work" for them to remove any reference to the buysell I have no motivation. They wanted to sell me off with a advantage membership for a year. To me thats a freebie for them. Come up with something else.

#20 ·
On the one picture the bike is new, has the o.e.m exhaust and side stand etc on the second picture it looks to be the very same bike only now it has an aftermarket exhaust system a fender eliminator kit and a race stand. The fact that they are in different backgrounds dont mean it's a scam, just means they are taken in different times, that's all. On the spelling issues, the guy is from NovaScotia and he's most likely "acadian" and speaks poor french as well as english! The price is right for the area. Take a look at the buy&sell from Calgary and you'll see these prices are a regular affair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.