Duffy Lake condition??

Thread: Duffy Lake condition??

Duffy Lake condition??

Planning a ride up the interior and was wondering if anyone could give me some information on the condition of Duffy Lake Road.

Also, how about the North Cascades (sp?)

Any info will help, thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

2009 ZX10R
    Duffy is never 100% in my mind. The road has bumps in the pavement in stupid spots. There's a bit of gravel and some large rocks in some spots still. Pavement feels worse than last year.
    The scenery is an awesome sight though.
    Now... bring me that horizon.

Qualicum Beach
    Ktm 1190,ThruxtonR 1200'Drz4

I went through there about a week ago i did not find it bad,But keep in mind it is a mountain road so as such you should be aware.There was a sweeper cleaning the road so it might be even better now.

Thanks, I agree that this road is never 100%. It's bumpy and nasty in quite a few spots. But, it is better than going down the hwy. I was still concerned about snow and washouts.

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Fraser Valley
    Len!! Glad to hear you're coming back to the mainland.
    Definitely send me a PM when you're planning on doing this route and I'll meet you in Squamish or something.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

Matt James
    I did the Duffy Lake Rd last week and the week before that. The climb outside of Pemberton is clear but it quickly turns to rough pavement and gravel for the high elevation sections. Nothing too nasty but take it slow. After passing Duffy Lake itself the road clears up and it's good riding albeit a tad bumpy in spots. The road needs some new blacktop and from what I hear it's on the way.

Registered User Array FlimFlamvanHam's Avatar
    North Van
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt James
    The road needs some new blacktop and from what I hear it's on the way.
    Oh, shit, what a mess...and I'm at work. Guess I gotta use paper towel.

Hey, hey, hey...what would be awesome is if they spent a wad on it and just straightened the living shit out of it. Oh, and made it 2 lanes each way. That would rock! Yesssss.

sold - borrowing my wife's CBR
    That road with new blacktop would be very sweet

(better than getting "another" tankslapper)
    Every day I break my previous record of consecutive days still alive.

05 600 rr, 04 600 RR - stolen, 94 ZX-7R -stolen-
    Watch out for Deer... Did it Saturday last week. Had 3 Deer hangin out in the middle of the road, some gravel in the worst of the corners but all in all if you are ready for it then you will be fine.. just slow down a little more than normal.