BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Rossi to F1??

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Hy_side 
#1 ·
G
#8 ·
I have watched shows on many other racers doing it. 3 seconds is still a lot. I am not saying it is slow, just in regards to their regular times, yea... Depends on cars too right. You are comparing other drivers in their Minardi's and Jordan Fords. Look at Fisichella for example. He was losing races like shit. Throw him in a Renault, and he won a race this year.

Also, if I had read correctly. It said Valentino was doing testing, therefor he had some experience in one.

#9 ·
Many people assume Rossi is a motorcycle only racer. This young man has many many years of karting experience under his belt and has raced MANY types of 4 wheeled vehicles.

3 seconds ia a long time. Anyone on the F1 grid today can lap within 3 seconds of MS' time in the same car. Now do it for 65 laps under race conditions.

Rossi is fast, no doubt. However you have men like Alonso, Raikonnen, JPM, Fisi etc that are up to speed on F1 racing and have very competitive cars. Rossi in a Ferrari would not be very fast. MS in a Ferrari is not very fast right now.

Wait a couple years, see what really happens. F1 is so speculative it's insane. That is why I like it so much. See username.

G
#10 ·
Yeah, I think Rossi will do pretty good but I think it takes a bit of time for him to get used to the hand operated clutch, TCS, ABS, and the handling of the F1 karts. 3 seconds per lap is quite alot, but I think he should've done a bit better (2.8 maybe?)since he's the moto GP WORLD CHAMPION (7 times I believe). He knows his shit.

G
#11 ·
StagnantWaterPo said:
I have watched shows on many other racers doing it. 3 seconds is still a lot. I am not saying it is slow, just in regards to their regular times, yea... Depends on cars too right. You are comparing other drivers in their Minardi's and Jordan Fords. Look at Fisichella for example. He was losing races like shit. Throw him in a Renault, and he won a race this year.

Also, if I had read correctly. It said Valentino was doing testing, therefor he had some experience in one.
HE WAS ONLY 3 SECONDS OFF THE LAP RECORD IN ONLY 7 LAPS.

#13 ·
Hy_side said:
Yeah, I think Rossi will do pretty good but I think it takes a bit of time for him to get used to the hand operated clutch, TCS, ABS, and the handling of the F1 karts. 3 seconds per lap is quite alot, but I think he should've done a bit better (2.8 maybe?)since he's the moto GP WORLD CHAMPION (7 times I believe). He knows his shit.
You need to get up to speed on F1 there friend. Cars have changed a lot since you paid attention it appears. All that is left is TC.

Rossi = 5 times champ.

G
#15 ·
Jayson said:
lol 3 secs is a lot?
i bet if anyone of us drov the car we would be liek 20+ secs off a lap or bin the car all together.
dont underestimate what this really is.
Yeah, but if you drove at 3 seconds slower than shumi per lap (or per 7 laps), by the end of the race, you would probably be 30 seconds behind or so, depending on the track. Those things can cover so much ground in 30 seconds...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.