Diablo vs. Diablo Corsa
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Diablo vs. Diablo Corsa

Bike
    Kawasaki Land Rover and a liter-twin

Diablo vs. Diablo Corsa

Hi folks,

I've read the tire feedback thread, but I'm still undecided as to which tire would suit me better.

I do not spend any time on the track, but do spend alot of time on the road, both riding the twisties pretty hard as well as commuting to work. As such, I need a tire that will hold up well in the center (which is why I'm looking to try something other than my current M1's, which I love in the twisties and the rain, but they just don't hold up as well for commuting).

As such, if anyone has experience on both the Diablo (basic) and the Diablo Corsa, I would really appreciate hearing from you as I need a new tire this week sometime.

Current bike: 99-9R

Thank you in advance.

Bjorn

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    I just bought some Diablo from Western Powersport and Roland told me that they are equivalent to my current BT 012ss which I love.
    He said that the corsa are mainly track tires.
    The Diablo are OEM for the Repsol.

Free R. Kelly! Array vincenzo888's Avatar
    Bike
    some kind
    i just put on diablos not too long ago. they handle great and heat up quickly and stay that way after. i haven't tried them in the rain, but i hear they are awesome in the wet. from what i've been told, they also last longer as well. i've known people who've used them for a very long time. but i can only compare to the 208's, which i don't like as much as these. but i'm going to try the pilot powers next time as i hear they are the shiznit.

Bike
    2006 Honda CBR 600RR
    I think the diablos will hold up longer than the corsas and i don't think you will be disappointed in them.

I have no complaints about my diablos, but then again, i don't ride that hard so i can't really say i've really really pushed them.
    .()_()
    (o'.'o) Thanks to Twinbros Racing for my avatar!

West Koots, I'm here.... Array flyfishinwoman's Avatar
    Bike
    a few toys
    AFAIK, the Diablo Corsa is meant more for the track, therefore will not last as long as the Daiblo. I put diablos on my street ride, because all my friends that do lots of riding (dry and wet) have raved about them. I can't testify yet to their stickiness, haven't had a chance to rip it up in the twisties, but they perform well in the rain.
    Back in BC, yay!!!
    2010 Yamaha Vstar 950
    250 Saga Dual-sport
    AC quad
    BCSB #712
    WMRC #747 (2005)

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead
    I just bought some Diablo from Western Powersport and Roland told me that they are equivalent to my current BT 012ss which I love.
    He said that the corsa are mainly track tires.
    The Diablo are OEM for the Repsol.
    Based on this comparison I doubt you'd be happy with the life of the Diablo's. Might be better off looking at something a bit more sporttouring. The Sportec M1 is a SuperSport tire and if you're not happy with the life of that then I doubt you'll like the Diablo's life.

You may want to look into how well such tires as the Pilot Power work out in the long life vs grip area. Or go with yesterday's long lived supersport tire option the BT010. It was standard fare on the liter bikes of a couple of years back and can still offer great grip and decent life.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Jackie Chan's stuntdouble Array Motorcycle Man's Avatar
    Bike
    CBR600 F4
    Diablos are like M1 in terms of grip and handling, but Diablos last longer. They're just what you're looking for.

Bike
    SV track, VFR road
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeTee
    You may want to look into how well such tires as the Pilot Power work out in the long life vs grip area. Or go with yesterday's long lived supersport tire option the BT010. It was standard fare on the liter bikes of a couple of years back and can still offer great grip and decent life.
    Does anyone have experience with the lifespan of the 014 compared to the older 010? The Stones are cheap, and I've been happy with them on my SV track bike.
    "When in doubt accelerate.
    It may not help you avoid the problem,
    but it'll end the suspense."

WMRC #96 (retired)

thegreen1
    i have the corsa s and there still new to me so i cant help you there... but i will let you know lol 70% race 30% street

Bike
    2006 Honda CBR 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by GSP
    Does anyone have experience with the lifespan of the 014 compared to the older 010? The Stones are cheap, and I've been happy with them on my SV track bike.
    harder to find 010's now isn't it?
    .()_()
    (o'.'o) Thanks to Twinbros Racing for my avatar!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by GSP
    Brent, quit bastardizing my thread

Thanks for the responses (otherwise). Looks like I won't go with the corsa after all and just get the regular Diablo instead.

Bjorn

Bike
    SV track, VFR road
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamui
    harder to find 010's now isn't it?
    Yes, which is why I'm curious as to how the 014's compare in terms of mileage.

Hey Bjorn, have you considered using race take-offs on the street? I'm sure I saw a thread on that somewhere.

Brent
    On this day, I'm an honorary thread bastardizer.
    "When in doubt accelerate.
    It may not help you avoid the problem,
    but it'll end the suspense."

WMRC #96 (retired)

Bike
    Brent: BTW, the reason the 014's didn't make my list is their rain 'charactaristics'.

I guess for the track that's not really an issue.

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Jeckyll, what did you hear about or experience about the 014's in the rain? I'm curious as that's what is on my Z1000 as OEM shoes but I've only ridden it once in the rain in town and that was hardly a fair test.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeTee
    Based on this comparison I doubt you'd be happy with the life of the Diablo's. Might be better off looking at something a bit more sporttouring.
    For sport touring, try the Diablo Strata, It's the Diablo sport touring version