Well guys, after realizing that I'm golfing too much to justify the cost of a bike, I've decided to sell.
I've owned the bike for nearly two years and I've put somewhere around 2000 kms on it. Since I've had the bike, it's never been down and there are no reported accidents in the ICBC history, but there are a few little nicks and dings that suggest it may have been dropped (definitely not by me). I also did a lien check (after I bought it) and it was clear, so everything should be good there as well.
This was my first bike and it's been awesome. It has the perfect power mix to be excellent for a beginner but perfectly comfortable for an experienced rider as well. It also has a little bit lower seat height, so is comfortable for many sizes of riders. I was always comfortable on it and I'm 6', but it's plenty fine for shorter riders as well.
- 1992 Yamaha XJ600 Seca II
- 34XXX KMs (or thereabouts)
- Less than 500 kms on new Bridgestone BT45 tires installed by Imperial last summer
- Professionally maintained by Imperial whenever anything major was needed
- Stored one winter at Burnaby Kawasaki and then last winter it was stored in my landlord's heated garage after being prepped for storage by Bill at 5th Gear. The bike is still up in the garage but I have the battery sitting down here with me...bike just needs to be fired up and it's ready to go (battery is new as of last spring, it's in great shape)
- I added heated grips (the filament kind that go under the original grip) and they work wonders - two settings for varied temp control...really makes a difference for those cold mornings/evenings
- **edit** I'll also give you a bombass chain from Wesco Industries that the guy took five minutes to cut with a table mounted grinder while I was there (read: super-chain) as well as the cover that it's currently sitting under and the new Kryptonite disc lock that they just sent me if no one buys it first
- also, I've got a TON of gear (leathers, textiles, gloves, Draggin' Jeans, etc etc etc) that I need to part with...posted that up soon in the Accessories forum
Basically, it's a great bike in great shape with low mileage. PM me if you have any questions or email mike [at] mlebeau [dot] ca
Asking Price: $3650 OBO