Ninja 250 not starting :confused

Thread: Ninja 250 not starting :confused

smokie

Ninja 250 not starting :confused

my friend's 250 won't start. I hear it ticking away when i hit the starter, full tank of gas, kill switch off, choke on, neutral.... is the battery dead?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Sponsor/Vendor Array Talon's Avatar
    Bike
    Husaberg FE390 / Honda CR500
    Quote Originally Posted by smokie
    my friend's 250 won't start. I hear it ticking away when i hit the starter, full tank of gas, kill switch off, choke on, neutral.... is the battery dead?
    You better believe it! Throw some volts into that battery, problem solved.
    Protect your Assets With Talon Motorcycle Technologies

See the Advertiser's Forum for the latest BCSB member discounts

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    The ticking is a dead giveaway. If the battery is older and has been ignored for a number of years it's probably dead and may not take a charge. If it's a bit newer and was only let sit over THIS winter then it probably just needs recharging.

If you don't have any luck with the charging of the bike battery try running it off a car battery and jumper leads. Disconnect the cables from the dead battery in the bike......The car battery will try to charge the dead bike battery and the bike battery is small enough that it may overheat and possibly burst from the high charge rate so do NOT skip this step...... and hook up the jumper cables to the bike's battery leads being sure you get a nice firm connection. If the bike is good to go it'll start from the car battery and run fine.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.