BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Newbie Bike Purchase

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  roketman 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guyz,

I'm new to the forum and like to say hi to everyone. I'm fairly new to the scene and was wondering if you guyz have any tips for purchasing a bike? Right now i have my eye on a Kawasaki ZZR-250 because its a smaller bike, easier to handle and more forgiving to someone new.

But yeah, just curious, if i was buying one used what are things i should look out for so i don't ripped off, and so i can find a bike that is road safe?

Thxs in advance~

#3 ·
Hey there, welcome to the site!

If buying used and you're unfamiliar with bikes try to stay with newer, clean looking examples. Other than that, take the above advise, or take the bike to a reputable shop to have it looked over.

Have fun shopping! :thumbup

#5 ·
hey

fellow 250ccer!

i just bought a used 250 ninja recently as well :)

just make sure that it was stored properly (if it was stored)

asked if it was dropped, how bad was the drop, if it was only cosmetic damage or maybe other damages like maybe the clutch got pushed in

check if the clutch pulls in easily

i dont know what else to look for...make sure it runs smoothly, not too much of the sputtering sound...im also noob to this bike scene so thats pretty much all i know

but def go for a used bike, dont be too set on getting a mint one, because chances are you might drop it anyway

G
#8 ·
Keiichi said:
Hi guyz,

I'm new to the forum and like to say hi to everyone. I'm fairly new to the scene and was wondering if you guyz have any tips for purchasing a bike? Right now i have my eye on a Kawasaki ZZR-250 because its a smaller bike, easier to handle and more forgiving to someone new.

But yeah, just curious, if i was buying one used what are things i should look out for so i don't ripped off, and so i can find a bike that is road safe?

Thxs in advance~
good luck dude. Don't settle for less than what you want because as long as it seems, it'll be worth it! :thumbup

#9 ·
i got my eye on a 250 ninja too: i hear that its almost as fast, but way cheaper on insurance, which is a biggy for me: almsot $800/year difference! I took a course with a guy named James Egan, and now Im just searching for the right bike. I mainly want it as a commuter, and to rip around in the summer, but If I want, when I become more experienced I ll get a better bike.... no rush!

#12 ·
misstdawg said:
my ninja 250 is hotter than a bitch in a back alley.
I think youre hotter than a bitch in the back alley.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.