Slip sliding away...

Thread: Slip sliding away...

I am not Michael Jackson Array jako's Avatar
    Metro Vancouver
    Honda F4i

Slip sliding away...

Any of you guys have a solution to apply something on the gas tank so that you don't slid back and forth?

I find that no matter how much you squeeze your knees against the tank under hard braking and acceleration, I still move around. I was looking at putting a sheet of thin rubber on either side of the tank but I can't find anything from the rubber manufacturers at would provide that type of grip.

What do you guys use? I wear jeans with Kelvar, I suspect that leather pants won't have that issue.

2. Remove Advertisements

I'm not 100% sure, but would a tank cover give you a bit more grip? The material of the tank cover and denim might not be much better then what you have already.

Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    Stop putting armour all on your seat..LOL.
    I've seen some race bikes that have grip tape on the side of the gas tank. Your local skate shop could hook you up.
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    my front room
    somethin somethin somethin
    there are company's that make perforated foam rubber tank side pieces that are self adhering. i've seen them on some race bikes.
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!

The Wack
    I find never washing my bike gets a nice buildup of dirt to stop me from moving around
    Portfolio Site: