BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Buy low- Sell High pointers

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Kit 
#1 ·
How much could a customer negotiate from a dealer with a new bike that costs about $10000?
-Thanks

#2 ·
yep if you do it right like me and my friends you can ride a new bike every one to two years and we tend to lose 200-500 per bike for the usage

but there is something to be said about buying a brand new bike that no one has touched before

#5 ·
hoking said:
ya, pointers please! in how to obtain a bike and not lose much after 2yrs!!
Buy something a year or two old in the Winter, ride it for a year then sell it in the spring/summer. Buy low sell High, bikes drop quite a bit in the off season since buyers are far and few between.

G
#8 ·
damn.... stop flooding the market with your tips! i was going to wait for winter to come along, and watch all the prices drop, but now that the cat is out of the bag, its gonna be prety hard to grab one. DARN!

#12 ·
yep everyone here is right, i rode my bike for two years and lost 200 bucks

i could have made money if i put the price higher but i like quick sales,

another one of my friend just made a coupld hundred bucks on his sale

the key is buy in the winter, walk in with cash and low ball, then in the peak of summer when everyone is just finishing their riding courses sell

my buddies have a new bike every two years and lose around 200-300 bucks a bike, easily worth it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.