Repsol Replica Rider Warning
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Repsol Replica Rider Warning

Bike
    None right now...

Repsol Replica Rider Warning

Sorry to possibly start another thread that closely parallels one that was just closed... (Crazy DUDE, not so crazy) But this does involve a separate incident, it may be a different bike and rider. But it sounds like the two situations involve riders with similar, flawed, decision-making capabilities.

Today while minding my own business riding along Hwy 1 (eastbound, between Brunette and the United Blvd exit, in the HOV lane), a Repsol-replica rider came up behind me going easily 50km/h faster than I was (I was probably around 110, but I wasn't really watching, I was matching traffic) and passed me (a) in my lane, and (b) on my right side.

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out to the rider (if he's here) that he came within a fraction of a second of making us both into statistics. I was about to change lane position when I saw him in my mirror. I get enough near death experiences from cars without a retard on a poser bike trying to kill me.
    ---
    My Picasa Album

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    What color was hi jacket?
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

doug
    j wouldn't do a thing like that. he's too worried about ruining the polish on the frame.

Bike
    Kawasaki Land Rover and a liter-twin
    Do you know what colour his jacket was?

Yup, bin' on a holiday... Array SkipTkt's Avatar
    Bike
    1 Honda, 1 Suzuki, 1 Yamaha.
    IMHO, if it's OK to post bad experiences w/ shops, or cops, cars/trucks (usually with specific descriptions) it's equally fair for riders to post their experiences on the roads with other riders. Nobody ought be immune. The fact that there's a clear description of the bike ought not disqualify the thread for its value. A rider blew the cardinal rule (in terms of passing). Who it was, or how experienced they are... isn't the point. If anything, I hope newer riders get the message: you don't take another rider's lane... no matter how pretty you've painted yer bike.
    It's not the number of breaths you take but the moments that leave you breathless.

Team No Team Array
    Bike
    CRF450X
    Yeah probably the same dude, came REAL close to wiping the thing out in front of the club Atlantis last night.

Bike
    05 Gixxer 1000 LE Supermoto: 07 DRZ400SM Dirt: 09 Kawasaki KX450F Monster Ed. 07 Custom Chopper
    Quote Originally Posted by doug
    j wouldn't do a thing like that. he's too worried about ruining the polish on the frame.
    Not it... surprisingly I didn't ride at all, all day. Plus I dont pass in the same lane, shit I'm so slow I hardly pass anyone!
    Mayor Of "Poserville"

<----- Current Avatart Is *NWS*

Kawi=Junk™, Honda=Boring™, Suzuki=Wannabes™, Yamaha=Posers™, Ducati=Overrated™, Aprilia=Insecure™, BMW=Compensation™, Harley Davidson=Garbage™, Buell=See Harley™

DPT Downtown Poser Team Array Bluepill's Avatar
    Bike
    beater piece of shit
    spike, yeah the repsol rider sound crazy, but is the deal BIG enough to open a thread on this crap?

Bike
    2002 vfr800a 2003 duc ss1000ds
    if someone wants to put someones elses life on the line, than this crap is a big enough deal to post.
    if someone wants to go to an empty parking lot and see how fast and how close he can get to the light posts, than no, it isn't a big deal. if he wants to do it with unwitting riders on the highway, than yes, it is a big deal.
    hey, the guy might think everyone does it and it's cool. killing people isn't cool.

teeth or keys,you decide Array J.B.'s Avatar
    Bike
    choppa
    this shit is funny 2 threads in one day
    nice
    Got your keyboard?
    --Ride on Dan--

www.extremeriderz.com

www.borderlinecustomcycle.com

Registered User Array FlimFlamvanHam's Avatar
    Bike
    2001ZRX1200R
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluepill
    spike, yeah the repsol rider sound crazy, but is the deal BIG enough to open a thread on this crap?
    I would say so. You have to be a fuckin idiot to pass someone in their own lane "unannounced" like said rider did
    (especially on a poser bike...excellent point). It's like the first rider said: they have enough things to worry about on the highway without having to worry about some shithead passing them in their lane.

Good way to end up sliding down the highway if you ask me.

ebranties

Re: Passing in the lane

I had 2 people on bikes do this on Saturday. Guess I was going too slow !

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlamvanHam
    I would say so. You have to be a fuckin idiot to pass someone in their own lane "unannounced" like said rider did
    (especially on a poser bike...excellent point). It's like the first rider said: they have enough things to worry about on the highway without having to worry about some shithead passing them in their lane.

Good way to end up sliding down the highway if you ask me.

Bike
    None right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by CDG
    What color was hi jacket?
    Honestly, he went by too quickly for me to notice. The only reason I know it was a Repsol replica is that i've seen the paint scheme before. The orange wheels, in particular. And when he left the highway he took the overpass back across it, and I got a good side view of the bike.

At the time I was thinking "is that the same twit who prompted the thread on BCSB?"

[edit] Is it a big enough deal? Yeah, I think so. Maybe the rider is new, and doesn't know any better. Maybe this'll make him think about it before doing something so stupid next time. I mean really, i'm happy to let a bike pass me, but i'd like the opportunity to see it there first, and wave it by (on the left). He didn't approach in the HOV lane from a long way back, he was weaving through traffic in the normal lanes and just used the gap next to me to go around the cars.
    Last edited by Spike; 05-30-2005 at 10:08 AM.
    ---
    My Picasa Album

Bike
    2007 BMW G650X-Challenge
    Not to add fuel to the fire, but if you were in the HOV lane, shouldn't you have already been in the right-most part of your lane anyway? That would give you the best lane presence. Although, it is your lane, so ride in it where you want

Now that the riding school rant is over, I never pass bikers in their own lane unless they wave me by. Not cool. Maybe he thought you should have been in the righthand part and wanted to "teach" you a lesson by knocking mirrors? Maybe he thought that since you ride a sportbike, you too should be doing twice the speed limit.

Don't worry though. The bike will probably be crashed in a week and then we will have a "Rossi Replica R6" thread
    Dan
    2007 BMW G650X Challenge

builder of bikes Array cosworth's Avatar
    Bike
    bah
    We tried to pass some riders who just got onto the highway yesterday. Not sure who it was, but we flashed lights and moved over etc. Completely clueless. We eventually had to just blast past them on the wide yellow seperating the lanes through Manning Park. I'm sure they would say the same about us but they totally were unaware of us.

I can make a 50 kmh difference between a vehicle in front of me pretty quick.

Not saying you were blind Spike, just saying that sometimes when it happens the person is just trying to get by...