rider down but not out
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: rider down but not out

600 rr

rider down but not out

Well it happened to me on May 24th but I just got outta the hospital Yesteterday.

I was on my way to work it was just a little after 6:05 am on the brisk morning after our long weekend.

I was travelling down sw marine when I looked down at my speed cause the other side of the little hill cops always camp out. I was doing 53kph safe!
    Look up theres a blue camaro that decided he would run the light at 70th and tunr left onto marine. I guess he didnt see me coming. I didnt have much time to react. I was in far left lane in lp1 could't make it around the back of him. 2 Choices left t bone him or scoot around the front. I think I could have made it around the front of him but then I would have had oncoming traffic to deal with at marine (which I was on) had the green and not the yahoo in the camaro. So I decided just hit him. He had his arm out bracing for impact and I hit right by his door.
    I didnt want the impact to suddenly stop me cause I thought that would kill me soo as soon as I hit the car I jumped. From what I can remember my right leg hit the corner of the roof and I slid up dragging the rest of my leg. They said I felw 27ft before I hit the ground. Then I slid a lil.

The damage

Broken right femur now I have a 40cm rod insid of it.
    Right knee fuggered got a big surgery taking part of my hamstring to repair the ligaments.
    then a huge lasteration on my chin.

I was wearing a helmet (which got rashed bad I must have done a huge face plant)
    leather jacket
    icon gloves andsome sidi boots.
    The right boot leather got puntured in 2 spots tore the stiching and broke part of thetoe slider off. As well as the impact spot on the chin that chattered and coincides with where U have a huge cut on my chin I guess im spelling that wrong i mean below my knee not my face oh shit shin im too drugged to go back and fix it all.

oh i also got some very small road rash on my left hand and a little bit like quater sise on my right hip. I needed 2 blood transfusions

Other than that I am all right. Which is pretty good considering what happend. I must say my helmet worked wonders no pain no sratches nothing necks not even sore I am a lucky boy to even be alive.

Now I have been riding mx since I was 4 years old. This should just go out as a warning to others. IT doesnt matter how good you are. Sometime it just doesnt matter and it really is the other persons fault.

Had I not been wearing as much gear I would have been toast esp my boots.

also to all those yahoos wearing the beanies Well your beyond words for me its your head.

Not trying to make this a bash idiot squids I have been a squid many times myself just another eye opener as there seems to be a rise in accidents lately.

Every time you go out expect at least 3 cars to do something to try and kill you it just happens that way.

Every one be safe and I'll see you back on the road next year.
    my bike isn't broken. . . its just broken in

2. Remove Advertisements

Comox, BC
    KTM 625 smc & DR 650
    Glad you made it out alive, some others were not that lucky. Hope you heal up fast and get back riding. Hope icbc does the right thing and looks after you. Your pain and suffering has got to be worth something$$.

Thanks for sharing your story, hope it will make others think abit more and always use caution. Remember SIPDE!
    Easy Flash!

Stupid cars.........glad to hear your ok. Heal fast man!

I'm hungry... Array tackle_me_2's Avatar
    BMW F800ST
    Wow, heal quickly! Thanks for posting your experience.

Registered User Array
    Surrey, BC
    2003 Honda VFR 800A
    Good to hear you are on the mend. Your story certainly shows how little time it takes to be the next "rider down". Hope you are up and around soon. Must be good drugs you're on.

AKA Newfie Girl Array Newfie Girl's Avatar
    Lala Land
    Honda street
    Good to hear you're doing ok considering. Heal up quickly.

Been there, Wrecked that! Array CrashTested's Avatar
    - unknown
    Bionic-man! Heal fast man!!!
    There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers, but there are no old, bold bikers.
    BCSB Member #XXXX

2 Wheeled History:
    '02 F4i (RIP, damn guardrail)

'87 TZR 250 (piston ate itself)
    '99 SV650s (RIP, damn Jeep)
    '79 250XR
    '81 500XT

06 Husqvarna SM610
    Damn, very shitty deal I hope their are some consequences for the camaro driver! Heal up fast man, hope to see you out again some day!

Above the 49th Parallel and completely beyond Hope
    Shuttleworth Snap
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Green 9R
    Stupid cars.........glad to hear your ok. Heal fast man!
    Yup cars are stupid, but without a driver they're harmless!
    STFU = Acronym used by an internet forum poster without the ability to formulate an intelligent argument or response. [See “dullard”]

Old Dirty Bastard Array masonjarz's Avatar
    White Rock
    2008 Honda XR650L
    Glad to hear your "ok" (which is only relative 'cause you sound pretty fucked up).

Get well soon and thanks for sharing your experience!

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    New West
    Heal fast man! Glad you made it out alive.
    WMRC #42
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    RMR Suspensions

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

Dude, chicks dig scars and we dig that you're around to post this.
    I'm in Burnaby as well, you need a hand with anything, even a Mc D's run while you're healing, give me a shout

03 gsxr 1000, 06 CR500AF sumo
    chalk one up for good gear. get well soon.

Registered User Array radmtrbkr's Avatar
    Gravity Warp Drive
    "a bullet for every driver"

Super-Fast Redneck Array jschapansky's Avatar
    99' Yamaha R6 turned Streetfighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethro250
    Damn, very shitty deal I hope their are some consequences for the camaro driver! Heal up fast man, hope to see you out again some day!

attempted murder?

assault with a deadly weapon?

big ass lawsuit?
    2 wheels or 4 wheel drive