HELP! JUST GOT A BIKE and I NEED UR HELP

Thread: HELP! JUST GOT A BIKE and I NEED UR HELP

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2003 CBR 600

HELP! JUST GOT A BIKE and I NEED UR HELP

Hey all I just got a bike from my buddy which he hasnt ridden for a bit over a year. What do I need to do to give my bike a COMPLETE tune up.

I'm bringing it in to imperial as soon as I can and what I have in mind so far is:

Change front tire (has a few bumps)
    Change the chain (gettin kinda rusty)
    Get a new breaks for the front (I only have one break pad- usually there is a pad on each side, mine only has it on one side, anybody have any idea how much it costs?)

What types of fluids should I change. My oil? what else... Can somebody give me an estimate of how much everything might cost? Any help is much appreciated, CHEERS

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    For a complete tune up and new brake pads and a tire for the front be prepared to spend some serious coin. Pads should be changed to new ones on both sides at once so they wear evenly. A two new pairs will run you close to $100. If it's sat for a year the carbs may need a full cleaning and that'll run you a good hour and a bit for labour.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bike
    why dont you tell us what kind of bike it is, and the year it was made?

Bike
    2015 Ninja 300 ABS
    I did the same thing when I bought my bike, and it had sat for over a year. I just told the guys at Imperial what was up, and Gord gave it a good once over. All fluids certainly, he recommended a few other things after looking the bike over and I said yes to all. They're good guys, not going to screw you so if you tell them the situation they'll set you up.

But yes expect to pay, it was a bit over $500 if I recall correctly. And no new tires.

mattninja250
    Get the old gas out of there.

Bike
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by the_chief
    Hey all I just got a bike from my buddy which he hasnt ridden for a bit over a year. What do I need to do to give my bike a COMPLETE tune up.

I'm bringing it in to imperial as soon as I can and what I have in mind so far is:

Change front tire (has a few bumps)
    Change the chain (gettin kinda rusty)
    Get a new breaks for the front (I only have one break pad- usually there is a pad on each side, mine only has it on one side, anybody have any idea how much it costs?)

What types of fluids should I change. My oil? what else... Can somebody give me an estimate of how much everything might cost? Any help is much appreciated, CHEERS
    What kind of bike and what year???????????

Bike
    2005 CBR 600RR
    Full tune up 4 hrs @ $65 hr, clean carbs , sync carbs , valve adjustment , lube cables , general check over pretty much everything gone thru

Chain average price $139

Most good oil is $8 litre

Pads $45 average

Front tire $99 to $189