03 CBR600RR starting to backfire?

Thread: 03 CBR600RR starting to backfire?

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S

03 CBR600RR starting to backfire?

The last couple of days, when decellerating and blipping, gear down, etc, I've noticed that when I pull in the clutch I get a backfire. It only happens rarely, but the last couple of days it has happened once on each trip. I'm not that sure about bike engines, but on a car, this would be timing issues. Any thoughts as to whether I should worry about this?
    WMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    RMR Suspensions

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    When was the last tuneup? Plugs?
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bike
    crf250r
    tough one dean,intermitant are definatly hard to trackdown,maybe a hair leaner on the colder days i dunno, but ya depending on your mileage it could be do for some new toys in the tuneup department.

john

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    Yeah maybe. Its been close to 12000k since the last plug change. I thought they should still be good because they are the expensive iridium plugs, but you never know. At last oil change, Bill said it he checked and they looked good, and he also said he cleaned them up a bit. Now, I also did a Ghetto mod a long time ago where I drilled out some of the exhaust chamber. Lack of back pressure maybe? Should I pick up a standard, cheap, ebay original can to fix the holes I drilled?
    WMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    RMR Suspensions

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~