ever been to thailand?!

Thread: ever been to thailand?!

Grip72

ever been to thailand?!

any of ya'll ever been there? I want to travel in about a year and i heard its really cheap to live there and love life there. LIke $10a day and you live like a king..anyone got any info?

Bike
    2005 CBR 600RR
    Just don't date some of the young ladies , they might surprize you.

Bike
    Dumptruck
    I went to Thailand for a month, it's fucking sweet!!!! I'd go back in a second, but go from November - March. That's when you'll hit peak weather. I spent $800 in a month there and I was buying shit left & right. Go check out the moon party for sure (make sure you schedual to hit one). If you plan on having "fun" with the ladies, just keep in mind that prostitution is thier #1 money maker. Hense, lots of fat sloppy Americans have slipped them their 1 inch wonders. Oh yah, if your not much of a back packer and don't like dirty cockroaches everywhere then you might wanna go somewhere else Oh yah, bring toilet paper.

Bike
    Hyperstrada
    Thailand can be real cheap, especially if you stay away from the tourist hot spots. Definitely check out the beaches like Phuket. Chang Mai I heard is real wild and off the beaten path.

Cheers.
    Back on the saddle.

My travels:
    http://victoreric.blogspot.com/

Bike
    2007 BMW G650X-Challenge
    make sure you always give "the girl" a reach around to make sure first
    Dan
    2007 BMW G650X Challenge

Bike
    2005 636
    I have a friend who spent a few weeks living on a beach in Thailand. It was something crazy like $8US a day for his beach-front cottage. It also came with a "full service" maid.

But yeah I've also heard the same thing..... make sure you know what your getting into. remember that movie "The Crying Game".... unless thats your thing... j/k.

big_green_meany
    My dad lives in Chaing Mia...I spent a month there and loved it. The people are super nice and the beer is cheap what more could you ask for. If you head up to Chaing Mia you should check out the outdoor bars they have kickboxing rings with fights through out the day and at night they let the drunken Germans with the over inflated egos jump in the ring with a little thai guy and and everybody gets to watch him get his arse whooped its a blast!!

Bike
    I'm just here for the intelligent conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bora20
    Sometimes that doesn't even work. Them "bitches" are carbon copies.

I love Thai chicks though (the real ones), so sexy. But even the ones that AREN'T prostitutes are pretty much just after your wallet anyways.

Registered User Array HRC pilot's Avatar
    Bike
    honda 600RR
    thailand rocks, ive been there twice...once up north to chaing mai and the hill tribes and the second time down south. i recommend both, theyre both completely different trips south for the beaches and north for the culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by cuski View Post
    Asia is one continent I really have no desire to see. Seriously... I can go to Chinatown for that.

Grip72
    screw the culture lol

man sounds like ALOT of prostitution...not my thing

Registered User Array
    Bike
    TZ250 (sorta), '81 RD350LC
    Been 3 times and all over - from Malaysia all the way up through Cambodia and Vietnam. Thailand has pretty much whatever you're looking for -from wild parties to remote relaxing beaches to purely cultural experiences and more. $10/day might be possible but would definitley be on the scrimping end of things. Expect a more realistic $20USD/day for accomodation, food, beer etc for typical backpacker standards. Some days will be less, some more, but if you budget about that you won't find yourself short.

Prostitution in Thailand is certainly a problem, but there are some misconceptions. The majority of the clientele are Thai men - the remnants of a polygamous culture. There are sex-tourists and areas that cater to that sort of thing, but for the majority of Thailand you won't see much of it unless your looking.

Go -you won't regret it.

Bike
    05 Gixxer 1000 LE Supermoto: 07 DRZ400SM Dirt: 09 Kawasaki KX450F Monster Ed. 07 Custom Chopper
    Quote Originally Posted by Bora20
    Exactly why I dont wanna go there. I'd end up drunk and see a hot "girl" it would be my own personal crying game.
    Mayor Of "Poserville"

<----- Current Avatart Is *NWS*

Kawi=Junk™, Honda=Boring™, Suzuki=Wannabes™, Yamaha=Posers™, Ducati=Overrated™, Aprilia=Insecure™, BMW=Compensation™, Harley Davidson=Garbage™, Buell=See Harley™