BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Tape For The Last Ama Superbike Race....

1K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  rocki8888 
#1 ·
If anyone taped the last race of the AMA season, I would like to borrow it....don't wantto spoil it for the others but I understand the finish was fantastic......

#2 ·
Human:

Are you referring to the last AMA Superbike races that were this weekend at VIR? If so, they are being shown again this Tuesday on Speed Channel. (I'm not sure what time but you can check their web site for a broadcast schedule.)

#7 ·
too bad nicky crashed today instead of yesterday then Kawi would have won the AMA superbike....but a close 2nd for a 10 year old bike is fantastic...

man I need to get a video clip just to rub it in....7R has more power coming out onto the straightaway than the GSXR750...lol

#8 ·
yup, i didn't want to spoil for anyone, but yeah! Bostrom rode an awesome race and he couldn't have done it w/o his team.

but don't forget, team bikes are completely modded for performance. Bostrom's pass was pure skill with patience as he pulled off a perfect draft and Maladin could have done some better blocking.

Kawasaki's are great street bikes that have been overshadowed by the others b/c of out of the box performance numbers. There will always be a faster and more powerful bike (by mods) no matter what brand.

I'm glad my bike didn't burn after my crashes!

#9 ·
Human said:

man I need to get a video clip just to rub it in....7R has more power coming out onto the straightaway than the GSXR750...lol
Ya, and they're running stock everything. :D

That Kawi is SOOOOOOOOOOOO tuned it's not even funny. And my bet is that Eric gets the biggest work out on the track. Do you see how much he has to throw that beast over to get around?

#10 ·
Adam, nobody said about stock anything...you always seem to "jump the highest" when someone is praising the kawi.

and regarding the beast...you should look at the RC51 before you talk :p :p

ever think that could be Eric's riding style ? lean angle doesn't equal speed....:p :rolleyes :) :D :D

#11 ·
Human said:
Adam, nobody said about stock anything...you always seem to "jump the highest" when someone is praising the kawi.

and regarding the beast...you should look at the RC51 before you talk :p :p

ever think that could be Eric's riding style ? lean angle doesn't equal speed....:p :rolleyes :) :D :D
I always jump high when Kawi is praised. Down with Kawi I say! DOWN!! :p

And your absolutely right, RC's perform best when they are not thrown down the track.

And I really don't think it's Eric's style. As per the commentary and other notes I watched on Speed News - the general concesous was that the Kawi needed leaned more to get around the corners. I'm not knocking that aspect - he puts on a great show and is a masterful rider. Should be interesting to see where Nicky rides next year (class I mean).

#12 ·
think Nicky will go to WSBK or MotoGP ??? I think he will stay with Honda in AMA....but I am sure Eric is gone to MotoGP....

I know abut the leaning...I remember seeing one picture where Eric was scraping his elbow taking a left hander somewhere...:D

#13 ·
I'd be very surprised to see Nicky stay in AMA as the #1 plate. He's a better rider than that IMO and I'd like to see him playin with the WSB boys. Troy Bayliss and Eric Bostrom look to be going to MotoGP.. which is a shame IMO, as Bayliss is by far one of my favorite riders to watch - and MotoGP isn't.

Although Xaus is still there, so he leaves some entertainment - oh and of course Haga, of whom I don't like but enjoy watching his drama. :p

Should be an interesting season next year..

G
#14 ·
hayden for sure will most likely stay in ama, dude will be makin more coin in the ama. plus wsbk castrol honda team does not want to run 2 american riders for some reason, politics i guess.

i think bostrom will be going to moto gp to ride for kawi. kawi's are coming out with new bikes to debut and they need a rider that has skillz and popularity to get the ninja's back on top. glad to see the kawi getting back into the mix of things.

#15 ·
well next year should be interesting for the RC51 if Honda still runs it. AMA is upping the displacement of 4 cyl superbike to 1000cc!!!!
All this b/c the 1000cc v-twins have "an unfair advantage driving out of turns"
I guess Honda knew this long ago, since they aren't making anymore RC51 or VTR's eh?

So the big question is, will honda introduce another litre class production bike by 2003??? Or will we see Yamaha's R1 and Honda's 954 in AMA Superbike???

Perhaps an RCxx V-3 config production w/ 1000cc based on the RCV211...sweet.

#16 ·
If you guys are interested in who will be riding where next year, check out the Motorcycle section of the Speed Channel web site for the three part series by Denis Noyes on who will be riding for whom next year and who will be paying them. (The articles are in the MotGP portion of the Motorcycle section.) It's quite complicated as there are some politics regarding which teams will have guaranteed grid positions in MotoGP. My recollection is that Honda potentially has a problem in that they have too many talented riders and they may not have enough "good" seats for them next year (re: the MotoGP situation), so it's possible someone like Hayden or Edwards could be riding for another manufacturer next year, either in WSBK or MotoGP.

#17 ·
drinking&riding said:

i think bostrom will be going to moto gp to ride for kawi. kawi's are coming out with new bikes to debut and they need a rider that has skillz and popularity to get the ninja's back on top. glad to see the kawi getting back into the mix of things.

get back into the mix of things ? sorry dude but I don't think Kawi was ever out of the mix:

2000 Canadian 600cc champ ~ ZX6R
2001 AMA 600cc ~ ZX6R
2001 WSS 600cc ~ ZX6R
2001 AMAdrag ~ ZX6R
2001 AMA superbike 2nd place ~ ZX7R
2002 AMA superbike 2nd place ~ ZX7R

most AMA championships ? ~ Kawasaki

Which bike won 9 of the 10 superbike championships in Canada in the 90s? ZX7R

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.