Gs500 ?

Thread: Gs500 ?

Bike
    EX500

GS500 vs. EX500?

This is not to start a debate regarding what bike to start on. I've read the various sticky's and comments, and decided against 600cc (my initial, inexperienced choice... ), at least until I get more experience.

Decided on a sportbike, and since I learned on a Honda Rebel (Pro Ride), I want more then 250cc (six foot two, 230 lbs. I'll lose weight, I promise... ).

So, choices apear to be either GS500 (probably GS500e), or EX500. For some reason, I was told that the EX500 would be better. Is this accurate?

Thanks for whatever help you can give.
    Last edited by Hadar; 06-17-2005 at 12:51 PM.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array onetrueshyguy's Avatar
    Bike
    null
    are you talking about the gs500 or the gs500f

i'd go for the gs500f over all 3 choices

retired panda racer...~_~ Array HydeNobuyuki's Avatar
    Bike
    It's big and heavy.. must be a sport tourer
    i agree with one..guy.... GS500f
    while I do like Kawy... I think the EX500 is a bit of an eyesore (at least in my opinion)

but what style do you want?
    Naked? (GS500)
    Half Fairing? (EX500)
    or Full Fairing? (GS500F)

Are you a Dr Jeckyl? or Mr Hyde?

--This vancouverite currently resides in Osaka, Japan--

Julia, Ride In Peace; You've touched our lives ~10 July 2005~

martian
    i ride a gs500f and i just started this year. having a great time with it since it's easy to handle. methinks it's better i went this way rather than something with more umphf since i can focus on improving my skills first. also gives me some time to save some $$ to upgrade next year or the year after.

Greeneyes
    No offence intended to the GS500F riders, but Suzuki putting a full fairing and GSXR-style paintjob on a bike with early 80's tech 40-something hp engine is about as cheezy as a 2.5L 4 banger in a camaro(82-85 i think) trying to make it look fast by adding more weight and breakable plastic to a bike that already doesn't have much balls.
    I'd go for the 500E out of those 2. But honestly you may as well get a early 80's honda CB450 and it'll do the job just fine as a first bike.