Registered Abuser Array rubberhead's Avatar
    Bike
    blue VFR

Thumbs up Beer Critique

Hemp Cream Ale
    by Bowen Island Brewing.
    4.5% alc/vol
    $11.00 per 6 bottles

Although it's an ale, it has lager characteristics with it's clean refreshing taste and medium body. A well balanced hoppy flavour with just a hint of a fruity after taste. Goes down smooth and can be enjoyed on it's own or with barbequed venison and grilled vegetables.

Prefered temperature: 3° celsius.

The 6th bottle goes down as easily as the first. This beer gets a two thumbs rating.

Cheers.
    I have two Hondas. Can I breed them?

Bike
    Canon 1ds3 1d4
    why 3 over say 0/1 ?

where did you get it?
    no

Bike
    blue VFR
    I got it at the liquor store at Kingsgate Mall (Kingsway and Broadway). I figure any colder and the flavour would be lost since it isn't as complex as Stella, for example. I was going to pass on it because I didn't like the purple label, but it turned out to be perfect for my Saturday night solo imbibing mood.

WMRC Past Prez three time Array NFG's Avatar
    Bike
    Yamaha RD350LC Race Bike (Sold!)/ Yamaha XS1100 /YSR 50 Street and Race / Two 50cc Pocket Bikes / Honda Z50/ Yamaha BWS 50 (Sold!) /Yamaha MX100/ Yamaha YZ250/ Husqvarna 430 / a few projects in parts....
    Stella is the "beer around here!" Think I'll have one now as a matter of fact........
    Stefan Medlicott
    NFG Racing

"I guarantee that it will start, and I guarantee that it
    will blow up. I cannot guarantee the time between those two events."

"....those who go for broke often get there...."

"Buy in Haste, Repent at Leisure."

Registered User Array radmtrbkr's Avatar
    Bike
    Gravity Warp Drive
    the only criticism i have about beer is that there is never enough.

User And Abuser Array alternateimpact's Avatar
    Bike
    2004 CBR 600 F4i
    I had a smple of Hemp ale at the liquer store once.....I thought it tasted freakin gross. smoke it, build rope from it, make clothes out of it....but for fack sakes dont drink that shit!

Yup, bin' on a holiday... Array SkipTkt's Avatar
    Bike
    1 Honda, 1 Suzuki, 1 Yamaha.
    Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale . All of us former maritimers were raised on it . Especially Nova Scotians [ ], home of this outstanding delicacy for the taste buds. Taste's ''more-ish" please, without the hang-over cuz after one... you realize there's no reason to ever really stop.

Most common line heard at Nova Scotian nursery wards: "Gib the baby some Keith's, Marge, shake it up and git da bubbles ote".

It's not the number of breaths you take but the moments that leave you breathless.

Bike
    Canon 1ds3 1d4
    keiths is the best, imo
    no

doug
    best beer you can have the is the beer you make yourself. been brewing my own for a couple of years now. need to polish off my batch of corona-like asap. comes out to about $1 for almost a beer and a half (600 ml).

Bike
    blue VFR
    Quote Originally Posted by doug
    best beer you can have the is the beer you make yourself.
    I tried it once and could barely swallow the first gulp. I dared my hard core beer friends to try it and they wouldn't. Mind you, I was 14 at the time and had to brew it in a secret place in the park. I buried the container to keep it cool and dark place while it brewed. Man was it bad!

Bike
    Canon 1ds3 1d4
    the most important thing in making beer(i hear), is having everything super clean before you start.
    no

doug
    make beer in a brewing place. everything is washed and sterile, and you know the source of the ingredients. its well worth doing. a modest investment in beer bottles nets you super-yummy brew. my first batch was $86, and i got 107 600ml bottles. most brews are in the $95 range, take about 2 hours to brew, 2 or 3 weeks to ferment, and about another 2 hours to bottle. you get to sample as you go, both your own brew, and what they brew. i recommend the burnaby brewing company, in the industrial park just north of bctv.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    SP 125..02 f4i
    wanna buy me some? they sound good...stupid government should make legal drinking age 18 like in europe!!

Bike
    Dumptruck
    Stella all the way, after a few shotguns of Pilsner of course

Bike
    I wish.
    Tennents, has to be my favorite beer of all time. Could be because I'm Scottish and feel that I should have some type of bond to it, but it's just a great well rounded beer. That, and anything from Holland.

I can't give the right up like you have, as I'm no expert in beer, but I know what I like.
    BCSB- Administrator