BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Convenient pit stops on #1

811 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Who_am_I 
#1 ·
I should know this by now, but...

Where are the most convenient gas stations along Highway #1 eastbound between Vancouver and Hope? What about westbound? (by "convenient" I mean quickest to get in and out of and back on the highway).
TIA

#3 ·
dog44 said:
I should know this by now, but...

Where are the most convenient gas stations along Highway #1 eastbound between Vancouver and Hope? What about westbound? (by "convenient" I mean quickest to get in and out of and back on the highway).
TIA

Wayne, get a VFR and this wouldn't be an issue. Princeton to Kits at moderate speeds (ahem) on one tank, with enough gas left for riding around town a bit. BTW, the mighty one has got this one covered :thumbup

#6 · (Edited)
Mighty Kentor said:
How many kms do you get out of a tank "average" dog?
Well, let's see ... enough people ask me that question, I really should know the answer. The Bus keeps track of consumption (how accurate it is, I couldn't tell ya). Lowest I've noticed was 14.9 km/l (whatever that means! :confused), highest was 15.6, so call it 15.2. Don't have my manual with me but I'm pretty sure the capacity is 21 litres, so on the average tank I should get 320 kms. Seems a bit high since last night I did North Van - Baker - Abbotsford with most of my reserve left, I think the trip meter read 250. If I had 30 clicks left in the tank that would make it 280. 300 is a nice round number, let's go with that!

[EDIT: On the other hand, a lotta those clicks were in first gear (rush hour traffic, Baker high road) not many in sixth, so maybe 320 is accurate]

#8 ·
I only get 150-170 kms on my VTR so I barely make it to the exits posted above :rolleyes . Then again, since I'm also hungry all the time I watch for signs that say 'food ahead'... and tend to find gas stations to feed me AND my bike at the same time. Strapping sandwiches to a jerry-can doesn't work. The food tastes funny and the gas gets fulla' crumbs :) .

:rider

#9 ·
Mighty Kentor said:
I'm getting 230 doing the hokey pokey on the freeway. That's 90 km less than on my ol' VFR.

Seeing as no one asked, the VFR is good for well over 300 km's - even w/ the 'thirsty' V-Tec system used frequently (over 7,000 rpms). Most recently, Princeton to Kits plus a bit around town was good for 316 km on the tank w/ the low fuel bar light flashing - could've squeezed a bit more out of it I guess :cool

#10 ·
Believe it or not, my old '91 Gix. went all the way from Osoyoos to North van on one tank! That's 383 Km's on a single tank. The trip from Abbotsford in was a little tense as I wasn't sure we'd make it but we did, with about 1/2 litre to spare. Just enough to get me to the gas station in the Village.
My '03 Gix. barely gets 280 Km's, go figure!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.