Flo Commander.

Thread: Flo Commander.

spiritusnoctem

Flo Commander.

Hi, Road Pilots.

For those of you with carbureted bikes: have any of you installed a Flo Commander?

I am interested in getting one of these for my ZX11D, and am hoping to get some experiential comments on this product.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

miketherocket
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritusnoctem
    Hi, Road Pilots.

For those of you with carbureted bikes: have any of you installed a Flo Commander?

I am interested in getting one of these for my ZX11D, and am hoping to get some experiential comments on this product.

I've heard it's supposed to smooth the carburation by making sure all the carbs are getting identical amount of air.
    Some people swear by it and others say it's a gimmick to get your $$$.
    It will help you fine tune the jetting on your bike.
    Lets say you have a jet kit with a pipe and a k/n filter,the bike is close to be set up correct. With this Flo-Commander you can tweak it to allmost perfection by turning the adjuster knob in increments instead of changing your jets trying to get it just right.

Imo it's worth the money if it will help getting the jetting set up properly.
    I figure you would install the jet kit yourself and adjust the needle before going to a shop with a Dyno.
    If you haven't done any carb work before it's a good idea to either get someone to help you out and show you how it's done or take it to your favorite bikeshop
    Mike
    Mike
    trying to

this is my...boomstick! Array CrotchetyRocket's Avatar
    Bike
    click, click
    I had something similar on an old 5.0 litre Mustang I had running a Holley 600. I could jet down the mains alot using this system and it did increase smoothness and gas mileage.

Spend your money on a good jet kit if you have a carb bike. Even on a stocker, you'll be amazed at the results if you buy a good one like Factory or Ivan's.

CR