BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

What gearing to use on the Mission Drag Strip

895 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Jayson 
#1 ·
Sup ya'll,

I'm wondering if I'll be able to pull all the way to the end of the 1/4mile on my 600RR with 15-52 gearing.
I can exit turn 9 on the road course in 2nd gear then get to the top of 6th gear at the end of the kink, is that about a 1/4 mile? much less? Hmm

Got tips?

#3 ·
I have a spare stock front sprocket but its too thick(525); I'm running 520 currently and I'm not really qualified to swap a chain properly.

You figure if I use one larger in the front I'll make it to the end of the 1/4mile? (that IS the length right?)

#4 ·
if I remember correctly the shut down area ( what we know as the straight piece of pavement that would link turn 9 and turn 3 ) is approx 1/4 mile. so I think turn 9 to turn 1 would be approx 1/8th mile. The drag strip is 1/4 mile. tough call....but I would run it myself......but between now and then I'd also be looking for a front sprocket too.....

#6 ·
you wont be running 140mph on a 600cc... especially not your first time. If you can hit 130mph, you should be fine... If you're on the rev limiter through the traps it doesn't make much difference, as you still have velocity.

Stock gearing is rather high on a 600 making it way easy to bog. I'd rather be over geared than under at the strip as getting out of the hole quickly is the most important part of getting a low E.T.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.