airbrushing

Thread: airbrushing

Go big or Go Home Array misstdawg's Avatar
    Bike
    '01 Kawi ZZR 250 and '03 Gas Gas Pampera 250

airbrushing

i want to learn to airbrush.
    where's a good course on where i can learn this fun stuff or is it better just to buy the stuff and experiment?
    Roll Out

Bike
    05 Gixxer 1000 LE Supermoto: 07 DRZ400SM Dirt: 09 Kawasaki KX450F Monster Ed. 07 Custom Chopper
    I'd say taking a course would be less fustrating, than experimenting. But I dont know where to even begin to look for an airbrushing course. I take it you can draw? I heard being able to draw is key to airbrushing. I was thinking about one day going over to BRADAs shop and bugging him about how to airbrush
    Mayor Of "Poserville"

<----- Current Avatart Is *NWS*

Kawi=Junk™, Honda=Boring™, Suzuki=Wannabes™, Yamaha=Posers™, Ducati=Overrated™, Aprilia=Insecure™, BMW=Compensation™, Harley Davidson=Garbage™, Buell=See Harley™

Dancing animals... woot Array bboylanky's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 SV 650
    KMS in coquitlam, next to IKEA, has a hobby section where they have airbrush tools. Sometimes they have airbrushing course there but you'll have to go to the store to find out when.

Imperial Hobbies in Richmond on no. 3 sells really good badger airbrush.

A course would be less frustrating but if you like airbrushing experimenting helps too. and i must say it aint easy... looked easy to me until I tried

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by PUREVIL
    I'd say taking a course would be less fustrating, than experimenting. But I dont know where to even begin to look for an airbrushing course. I take it you can draw? I heard being able to draw is key to airbrushing. I was thinking about one day going over to BRADAs shop and bugging him about how to airbrush
    yeah i can draw, its one of my hobbies...i want to paint my helmet myself this is why i want to experiment with it, i got two helmets so one's gonna get painted on and messed around with
    Roll Out

Bike
    05 Gixxer 1000 LE Supermoto: 07 DRZ400SM Dirt: 09 Kawasaki KX450F Monster Ed. 07 Custom Chopper
    Quote Originally Posted by misstdawg
    yeah i can draw, its one of my hobbies...i want to paint my helmet myself this is why i want to experiment with it, i got two helmets so one's gonna get painted on and messed around with
    Cool lets see some of your work. Also when you learn how to airbrush can you teach me?
    Mayor Of "Poserville"

<----- Current Avatart Is *NWS*

Kawi=Junk™, Honda=Boring™, Suzuki=Wannabes™, Yamaha=Posers™, Ducati=Overrated™, Aprilia=Insecure™, BMW=Compensation™, Harley Davidson=Garbage™, Buell=See Harley™

Bike
    DRZ400SM
    Quote Originally Posted by misstdawg
    i tried that, didnt work out to well

and i do need to learn to airbrush
    Portfolio Site:
    TenguArtwork.com

Registered User Array sprinter 27's Avatar
    Bike
    Ducati-gasgas-beta-ktm
    downtown is a place called artopia(i think thats the spelling)also a mag called airbrush action(chapters)get some names of local aibrushers and ask if you can hang out,most will welcome as it is a basically a slow process.

Bike
    600 rr
    check out ppg call them last year they offered 2 different airbrushing courses I highly recommend them.

If you decide to experiment go slow and thin lots of layers to get the desired effect dont use thick coats. Also may be easier for you to fool around with stencils then practice shading.

Or try to dry a picture using only one colour. shade in circles. Do drop shadows once you understand how to use the brush and have a good feel for it. YOu can go from there treat it as a colored pencil.

Also most helmets dont recommend painting them says the solvents can damage the helmet

If you need some tips on learning to airbrush I can give some tips and excersises.
    my bike isn't broken. . . its just broken in

Bike
    oh man i forgot about the money aspect!
    what are the price ranges of such equipment needed to get started into this sweet ass hobby
    Roll Out

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Bike
    Just buy one, preferably a double action, and experiment. I have just started using mine, and find the learning curve is reasonably steep if you're interested in mastering how to airbrush properly.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    -----
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.