Heli bars and after-market seats

Thread: Heli bars and after-market seats

'05 RC51

Heli bars and after-market seats

I just purchased a 2005 RC51 after having riden a VFR for about four years. Needless to say, the RC51 isn't quite as comfortable given it's meant to be a pure sportsbike. (But damn, it looks and sounds cool).

Still, I'm thinking that a little tweak here and there would help make it more liveable for longer rides, without sacrificing its performance/handling or its looks. In particular, I'm looking into getting a replacement seat from Corbin or Sargent, both of which are similarly priced. Has anyone out there had any experience with either of these manufacturers' products for sportbikes? Any recommendations on where to buy them from - direct from the manufacturer, local shop, online warehouse, etc.?

I've also read a couple of articles in which Heli-bars were put on to raise the bars an inch or so. Same question here as with the seats - experiences pro or con?, where to buy?, etc.

2. Remove Advertisements

rain? whats that! Array REVELATIONS's Avatar
    SV 1000s
    You cant go wrong with these two upgrades. Thats exactly what I would do in your place. If you can find one item used and the other new then that would suffice for me.....take a peek at the market place here, these things come and go all the time.

eBay is another good source.

Honda & Suzuki
    Go for a Sergeant seat and Convertibars handlebars, they will blow away the Corbin seat and Helibars.

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    If you have longer legs beware that the Corbin saddles often lower your butt by about 3/4 of an inch so your knees will have a tighter bend. But if you're inseam challenged then it can help.

The Corbin feels hard at first but they use a foam that oozes and complies with your shape so you find that longer trips actually makes the saddle feel better at the end of the day than at the beginning.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.