Saturday July 9, 2005 -- Early Reverse Kam-Loop

Thread: Saturday July 9, 2005 -- Early Reverse Kam-Loop

Bike
    Team Zookie: 1977 GS400, 1980 GS750E, 2004 GSX1300R Hayabusa

Cancelled

WHERE TO
    Hope, Princeton, Merritt, Kamloops, Logan Lake, Cache Creek, Lillooet, Squish, . See map (call me crazy, but that looks like Australia).

MEETING PLACE
    Well, I refuse to take the #1 to Hope, so Mission would be a good start. But I won’t commit to a place yet since I doubt there will be anyone to meet once I tell you the time...

MEETING TIME
    6:00am, depart 6:10 sharp.

PACE
    Quick in the twisties, no hurry on the straights.
    The only breaks will be for gas and a quick lunch.

Weather permitting.
    Last edited by dog44; 07-08-2005 at 05:58 PM. Reason: CANCELLED

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Twinfan
    6:00 in Mission or in Hope? Meet where exactly? I am fine with the time, just need to know where to hook up.

Depending on how the morning works out, I may need to jump off at Cache Creek or Lillooet and head back down through the Canyon. I have things to do later in the day.

Rob
    Last edited by Twinfan; 07-06-2005 at 10:12 PM.

Unregistered User Array greenboy's Avatar
    Bike
    Knobbies
    Wayne/ Rob:

I won't be joining you because I'm doing the Sunday ride instead. You guys ride safe.

Steve

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinfan
    Meet where exactly?
    Mission. A gas station on the Lougheed Hwy. I'm not familiar with the area, can you suggest one?

P.O.P. for Saturday now up to 40%.

Twinfan
    If you're coming over the bridge from Abby, let's meet at Chevron. Stay on the main exit from the bridge (circles to your left and goes behind the Mall, as if you were going to Maple Ridge) You'll get to the lights at Lougheed, turn right at the lights and about 500 metres on your right will be the Chevron. If you're going to Mission on the Lougheed, let's meet as you go through Maple Ridge - Lougheed & 240th. We can fuel on the way through Mission or go all the way up to Hope for a gas stop depending on what you're starting with for fuel in the morning.

Don't sweat the POP, watch the forecast for Princeton / Merritt and up. If it's raining down here it probably is not raining anywhere past Hope / Manning Park!

Let me know what you want to finalize for meet place/time.

Your plan of moving along with limited stops and a brief lunch is right on. I hope we can get this one in, I am really due for a good long trip.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by dog44
    Mission. A gas station on the Lougheed Hwy. I'm not familiar with the area, can you suggest one?

P.O.P. for Saturday now up to 40%.

Bike
    Nope, I'm comin' from North Van, so yeah I'll be passing thru Maple Ridge, but let's make it Mission just in case some other nutbar wants to get up that early.

So this Chevron ... hmm, let's consult the trusty MapPoint ... would it be on Wren St.? At 7th Ave.?

Oops, never mind, I understand your directions now ... except the Chevron website doesn't show a station in Mission .
    Last edited by dog44; 07-07-2005 at 10:29 AM.

Twinfan
    Quote Originally Posted by dog44
    Nope, I'm comin' from North Van, so yeah I'll be passing thru Maple Ridge, but let's make it Mission just in case some other nutbar wants to get up that early.

So this Chevron ... hmm, let's consult the trusty MapPoint ... would it be on Wren St.? At 7th Ave.?

Oops, never mind, I understand your directions now ... except the Chevron website doesn't show a station in Mission .
    It's on Lougheed, right side as you are Eastbound just past the Mall. Meet there for 6:00?

Bike
    Sorry Rob, somehow I didn't see your message til now. Anyway ... what Mall? Nevermind, just gimme the address or intersection. Sunday is looking like a much better day than Saturday. If it stays that way I'll pull the plug on this ride. I don't wanna postpone it to Sunday cuz I don't wanna be in the traffic comin' back from Whistler. I'll figure out something else for Sunday. You free? We could go on Steve's ride.

NAH!
    Fakkin' hooligan!

Unregistered User Array greenboy's Avatar
    Bike
    Knobbies
    You're just scared of my Busa-eater, go on admit it.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by greenboy
    You're just scared of my Busa-eater, go on admit it.
    Fak, I've never seen anyone hang that far off a bike. The Thruxton was in the right lane, you were in the left ditch.

Bike

Cancelled

Lookin' too wet for this old dog.

Twinfan
    Yup, looks grim.

Thanks for posting up, maybe next time.

Rob