Cheapest gas fill ups?

Thread: Cheapest gas fill ups?

User And Abuser Array alternateimpact's Avatar
    Bike
    2004 CBR 600 F4i

Cheapest gas fill ups?

I was thinkin back about 5 or 6 years ago when we had those crazy sweet gas price wars. I remember driving out from Port Moody to the gas station on 200th in Langley when the gas was 30.9 (those were good times) Just wondering what everyones cheapest bike fill up was back then?,and on what kind of bike??
    Last edited by alternateimpact; 07-07-2005 at 02:54 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2001 F4i
    Ah yes...those were the days... My grandparents live in Mission and I remember ONE time gas was 26.9 Filled up my Integra from close to empty for like $14 with the highest octane. And to think that's roughly what it costs these days to fill the bike!!!

rain? whats that! Array REVELATIONS's Avatar
    Bike
    SV 1000s
    I remember in spring of 1999 the gas prices went from 30.9 to 54.9 in Richmond overnight, and that was the end of the good old days.

Bike
    dirt pig
    I used to roll in a drop top '67 Skylark and fill it up with mid grade for just under $20!!!! Now It cost me $12ish for the R1!!!
    "Shoot to thrill play to kill
    Too many women too many pills"

AC/DC

Bike
    SV 1000s
    quick, someone open a new ARCO.....we need those gas wars again

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2001 F4i
    Quote Originally Posted by REVELATIONS
    quick, someone open a new ARCO.....we need those gas wars again
    Good call. I think we'd all be thrilled if prices went down to 54.9 ...not pissed like we were back then!!

doug
    arco was great to start the gas war. but when it was over, the gas companies made all that money back by doubling the prices. no one could understand why prices shot up so much.

i remember when i was a kid gas being 18 cents a litre. that was just about the time we went metric. joe clark just came into power, and put a 4 cent tax on gas. we'd pull into the full serve texaco on kennedy road in unionville (ontario) and we'd get a fill up from the same east indian in a turban every time. it was almost like an event, going to the gas station to see the guy in the turban. ahh, the innocence of youth.

anyways.. we had some days of 54 cent gas not too long ago. its sad that the high we bitch at paying now will be the low we are happy to get a few months from now. remember when 85 cents was outrageous? now look at the lineups when gas is that price, cuz its cheap!

I ain't not no genius Array gixxerboygenius's Avatar
    Bike
    05 RSV R, k6 600, k5 1000, secret
    I heard a rumour from a station employee, who said his regional manager or whatever stated that the average price will be 1.29 by end of year. Fewer FUV's i hope.

Bike
    SV 1000s
    ... FUV

Bike
    600 rr
    what about propane I remember as a kid the granparents filling up the lincoln when propane was 4.9 cents a litre. Eventually when more people started converting to propane prices rose supply and demand. THe same happend with deisel. But I remember about 3 years ago in Dawson Creek when the superstore came to town gas was down to 49.9 and I had a coupon for 30 cent a litre off of the pump price 19.9 for gas that was good I filled up with the 250 litre limit cause I knew the gas price wasnt gunna stay low for long and after the wars were over it jumped to 89.9
    my bike isn't broken. . . its just broken in

Just Another Enthusiast Array vrecksler's Avatar
    Bike
    Naked SV
    In the summer of 2000 the prices in Cloverdale/Langley/Aldergrove were around 30 cents a litre. I still remember it because I had just bought my first litre bike (CBR 929) and the thing was more of a pig than my CBR F2 but the fill-ups were cheaper because of the gas wars. Now when I talk about those prices, I feel like my Dad when he talks about filling up his 1948 Panhead for under 5 cents a litre.

B-r-a-d-l-e-y...Why? Because I'm Bradley!

Email