So.. who got a ticket this morning?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So.. who got a ticket this morning?

ridenrain

So.. who got a ticket this morning?

Someone thought that big SUV, rolling down the freeway, westbound, couldn't possibly be a ghost car. This was near the railway overpass at about 6:30.
    Saw you from the other side of the freeway. Thanks for being a rabbit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Hmmm, that's news.
    A friend of mine is Port Mann Highway Patrol.
    Highway 1 between Bradner road (almost Abbotsford) and North Van.
    Last discussion we had about 1 month ago was the gosts cars were as follow:
    Red Minivan
    Blue Chevy pick up truck
    Blue Crown Victoria
    Black Crown Victoria

I guess they must have added one.
    Last edited by Shovelhead; 07-14-2005 at 11:41 AM.

Got Crazy? Array crazycharlie909's Avatar
    Bike
    2012 Diavel Carbon
    There are a couple of beige corolla's in surrey that are ghost cars. Seen em with lights on giving tickets. They will use anything
    Suck it Trebek!!!

Bike
    A red one
    Watch out for Ford windstars/freestars in Whiterock.
    Originally posted by adamantium
    I'm going to type this slowly so that you folk can follow along.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    I agree with you about the internet, it's probably here to stay.

Yup, bin' on a holiday... Array SkipTkt's Avatar
    Bike
    1 Honda, 1 Suzuki, 1 Yamaha.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by crazycharlie909
    There are a couple of beige corolla's in surrey that are ghost cars. Seen em with lights on giving tickets. They will use anything
    The police are also using vehicles taken as 'proceeds of crime'... in West Van they have a pimped-out white Cadillac Escalade with spinners on the wheels (and hidden red/blue lights beneath the rear window tinting).

Squamish now has a new [white or black?] full-size Ford pick-up truck, also pimped, with a long/wide white decal across the entire rear window ...says something about performance mods of some kind. They also still ride phantom 'rental cars', and cars with an 'L' on them.

Seems unfair to me. You now have to ride the rear bumper of every car you want to pass, looking for the tell-tale rear flasher lights in the window or within the tail-lights.
    It's not the number of breaths you take but the moments that leave you breathless.

ridenrain
    I had a white blazer share a lane with me on the Port Mann bridge a while ago. I nail the horn and "gesture" and there is officer ass-hat, on the phone, drifting all over the road. I was tempted to follow him to work and give him shit but I didn't feel like being tazered that morning.

Bike
    K5 GSX-R600
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipTkt
    They also still ride phantom 'rental cars', and cars with an 'L' on them.
    I almost bought it once like that... blue Crown Victoria, driving slow in the middle lane on the Alex Fraser. Luckily, as I'm changing lanes and about to fly past, the sun ended up on the other side of the car, and I could see the cage through the tinted windows.

Back to topic though... what's the damage?

Bike
    DRZ-SM
    rant Seems unfair to me.
    What's unfair about it?

;D

Been there, Wrecked that! Array CrashTested's Avatar
    Bike
    - unknown
    They also still ride phantom 'rental cars'.

Yup my last ticket was due to that... pulling up on him thinking to myself... hmmmm what's that on the back dash OH SHIT!! THOSE ARE LIGHTS
    There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers, but there are no old, bold bikers.
    BCSB Member #XXXX

2 Wheeled History:
    '02 F4i (RIP, damn guardrail)

'87 TZR 250 (piston ate itself)
    '99 SV650s (RIP, damn Jeep)
    '79 250XR
    '81 500XT

Bike
    I'm just here for the intelligent conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRed
    What's unfair about it?

;D
    Did someone put a governer in your bike or something?

Architeuthis
    Don't stop for such ghost cars, any perv can put a set of lights in a car. Happens alot more often than we hear about, I didn't even think about it until my car matched the description of some pervs car.

Cops should use Black and Whites to pull people over..but then all they are after is revenue generating speeding tickets. So they wouldn't want to spend any more money than they are forced to and ghost cars giving speeding tickets is the cheapest way to raise money...and it doesn't look like anything is going to happen.

Maybe call 911 just to be sure it is a cop car, at least if you can't see a uniform.

Bike
    I'm just here for the intelligent conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Architeuthis
    Cops should use Black and Whites to pull people over..but then all they are after is revenue generating speeding tickets. So they wouldn't want to spend any more money than they are forced to and ghost cars giving speeding tickets is the cheapest way to raise money...so that isn't going to happen.
    You know what I wish they would do? Ticket people for not signalling, that causes more accidents than speeding.

Registered User Array savagebovine's Avatar
    Bike
    '06 GSXR 750
    Quote Originally Posted by Architeuthis
    Don't stop for such ghost cars, any perv can put a set of lights in a car. Happens alot more often than we hear about, I didn't even think about it until my car matched the description of some pervs car.
    i have a hard time believing that. maybe it happens, but its definately rare. nobody i know, knows of anybody whom this has happened to.

edit: not including the bullshit emails you get sent.

Bike
    None right now...
    Yeah, hey, I got this friend, right, who got pulled over by this car with lights in the back... It looked really bogus like it was a red and blue round incandescent bulb in the back window, and one was laying on it's side, but he pulled over anyway. It turned out to be this really hot blonde in a cop uniform, who said "get out of the car and spread 'em." They ended up doing it in the back of the fake cop car... Afterwards she gave him a ticket for "carrying a concealed weapon".

Or maybe that was in a movie I saw sometime... I forget... :P
    ---
    My Picasa Album

Old Dirty Bastard Array masonjarz's Avatar
    Bike
    Looking for the next one
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike
    Yeah, hey, I got this friend, right, who got pulled over by this car with lights in the back... It looked really bogus like it was a red and blue round incandescent bulb in the back window, and one was laying on it's side, but he pulled over anyway. It turned out to be this really hot blonde in a cop uniform, who said "get out of the car and spread 'em." They ended up doing it in the back of the fake cop car... Afterwards she gave him a ticket for "carrying a concealed weapon".

Or maybe that was in a movie I saw sometime... I forget... :P