note for parking ur bike
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: note for parking ur bike

Registered User Array scubaphil's Avatar
    99 R6

note for parking ur bike

Got off work today, started the bike... "hm.. why is the bike so much lower...." Look down, my kickstand sunk 3 inches into the cement.

I know this doesn't happen to often to us over here since it ain't that hot compared to the California. For those who park their bike on black cement roads all day long or during the hot summer hours, use a pop can, hockey puck, bathroom tile..etc. I don't have any of these so i'm using a cheez wiz can cover for now. It works wonders.

we are talking about parking during the hours from 12-5:00 in the hot cement floor... dont' worry about it if u're just getting a coffee at Squamish.

that is all
    If jack helped you off a horse would you help jack off a horse??

You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

2. Remove Advertisements

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    lower mainland
    asphalt is our worst enemy on a hot day
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves

Yeah notice that a lot too. Sucks.

In Your Girlfriend
    05 Gixxer 1000 LE Supermoto: 07 DRZ400SM Dirt: 09 Kawasaki KX450F Monster Ed. 07 Custom Chopper
    Ive never had this problem..... and I hope I never do.
    Mayor Of "Poserville"

<----- Current Avatart Is *NWS*

Kawi=Junk™, Honda=Boring™, Suzuki=Wannabes™, Yamaha=Posers™, Ducati=Overrated™, Aprilia=Insecure™, BMW=Compensation™, Harley Davidson=Garbage™, Buell=See Harley™

Registered User Array silent assassin's Avatar
    kawasaki zx6r
    That happened to me today. It was kinda weird seeing my kickstand stuck an inch into the ground.

Sniveling little point but kickstands sink into asphalt, not cement.
    Many a bike has fallen down while parked on asphalt so be sure to take precautions.
    That's probably the best use I've heard for cheeze-wizz.

Pitt Meadows
    03 Triumph Speed Four
    Alot of dealers have free or cheap kick-stand pucks for that purpose. I got a free one in a british bike magazine as well as a yamaha one from Western Powersports.
    "You smile because I'm different, I laugh cause you're all the same"

More than meets the eye Array Pvt. BLOGGINS's Avatar
    2004 Katana 750, 1992 GS500
    I take my wife's good coasters with me...

Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    When I get to my destination I drink a beer, crush the can, and put it under my stand
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Vancouver Island
    98 zx7r
    mine sunk in gravel the other day...thought it seemes sturdy enough when i left.....fucked up the left side fairing....damn

This is a common issue on the prairies (many 25+ days). Most riders keep a little piece of wood under their seats and slip it under the kick when parking. Works very well.

carry a puck with you or something square and thick or just park on hard cement.

Langley, BC
    None right now...
    fwiw, this does not happen on cement or concrete, just heat-sensitive materials like asphalt, pavement, whatever you call it. Cement and concrete are stable at temperatures we're likely to ride in.
    My Picasa Album

Registered User Array
    Trail BC
    2005 gsf 500
    happenned to me on the was the morning it was still cool outside so i figured there'd be no problems. the asphalt was ridiculously cheap and my stand punched a hole 3" deep and ended up caving in an area 4" around...sucked...cracked a fairing, could've been scratches...just the crack...SUCK

I hate asphault.

The roads around town are freaking terrible to drive.
    The city is getting real cheap man!
    Heat + weight of cars sitting on it causes some serious bum-Page so careful if you bombing around this crapoh---> S2S highway (ehhh-hummmm) Even setting up forks and rear all cushy like, the bumps are killing my fiberglass tail piece (cracked!) and smashing my wrists to hell. Noticed it in the pathfinder but really noting it on the bike!

We have no good roads to ride anymore or i need linderman to redo my front forks asap...