Powered By Kawasaki: World Speed Record

Thread: Powered By Kawasaki: World Speed Record

Bike
    2001 ZX6R

Powered By Kawasaki: World Speed Record

http://www.kawasaki-eckl.com/home/la...ail.asp?id=181

August 14, 2002 - Powered By Kawasaki: World Speed Record

Fuchs Kawasaki´s Andrew Pitt assisted German inline skater, Dirk Auer, to a new world speed record in Germany on Sunday. Auer, who was dragged behind a Kawasaki ZX-12R by the reigning World Supersport Champion, reached a speed of 291.8Km/h, beating his own inline skating world speed record by more than 20Km/h.

The record attempt took place on a cordoned off section of the B3 autobahn between Darmstadt and Eberstadt, with a massive crowd turning out to cheer Auer on to his 300Km/h target. Unfortunately for the skater, the road conditions conspired to make this target impossible to reach, despite a number of high-speed runs behind the 217PS, Michael Lohmann prepared, ZX-12R.

´I thought I´d got the easy job, but it turned out to be a lot more difficult than I expected,´ said Pitt, who returns to World Supersport action at Oschersleben on 1st September. ´We were running in one lane of the autobahn and the crowd were lining the route in the other. The road wasn´t perfectly straight and we were getting quite close to the barrier separating us from the spectators as I tried to find a line through the turns that allowed me to keep the throttle pinned and the speed up.´

After a number of attempts, and a few tweaks to the bike, Pitt and Auer eventually tripped the Police operated speed trap at 291.8Km/h.

´The speed trap was located right at the end of the longest straight section on the road, but if you went through at full chat then it didn´t leave you much of a braking area in which to get the bike stopped. In the end I just kept the throttle pinned until I saw the red flash as the camera went off on the speed trap and then grabbed a big handful of brakes,´ continued Pitt.

´We were aiming for 300Km/h and, if we´d had a bit more of a straight to work with, I reckon we could have done it. The bike was certainly more than capable of dragging Dirk to his target speed, but the road turned out to be the limiting factor.´
    2001 ZX6R
    WMRC #32 Amateur

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    A black one
    F#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*##*#*#*##*#*#K ME!!!!!
    Hug a two stroke....you`ll never go back to trees.

Jason R
    Mahhahahaa that's nuts

Registered User Array
    Bike
    kawi
    thats nuts! I see the blader is towed behind the absolute finest of machines!

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    This is just stupid. Who's setting the record anyway? The bike for hitting close to 300 despite an "appendage" or the twit on the roller blades that's just hanging on for the ride?

I thought this was like the bicycle record where the motorcycle has the dead air cavity to draw the skater along. Not the case as I see. Just a stupid publicity stunt in my book.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

CalgaryBandit
    Holy sheep shit !!!!

That blows my mind - how the hell can the skater's wheels take that speed ?? Amazing !!!

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    Why are they doing it at night?
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Bike
    2001 ZX6R
    ummm better light streaks ? maybe they don't want a bloody mess to be visible if something went wrong...

TeeTee actually Akira did the same back in 2000 for this guy....I have the picture somewhere...
    2001 ZX6R
    WMRC #32 Amateur

Antares
    Those must be *some* rollerblades...

Bike
    all that's needed to be known is that i got one... or do i?
    holy jeepers...
    eNdLeSs...

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    Originally posted by Human
    ummm better light streaks ? maybe they don't want a bloody mess to be visible if something went wrong...
    hahaha lol
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Danger
    Doesen't a kawasaki hold the land speed record for a bike? i saw something on one of those T.V shows that show bad things that happens in sports. One was a guy going after the land speed record on a bike, and just as he neared the end of the course he lost control, tried to jump off, but got caught on the bike and got dragged for the rest of the course..... but he still held the world record...

Bike
    2001 ZX6R
    i dunno about that, but kawasaki does currently hold the record for highest hp production bike ~ the ZX12R....
    2001 ZX6R
    WMRC #32 Amateur