I've got a feeling that my batt is completely toast:
1. ignition on, the selftest (?) is not performed, tach doesn't move. the headlights are barely lit.
2. hit starter - nothing.
3. put the bike into 3rd.
4. run for 30 feet, clutch in.
5. drop clutch, bike starts
6. pull the clutch in start revving.
7. jump onto the bike, start riding around a bit
8. the tach/speedo blink on and off, but still no instrumentation
9. engine dies (fuel pump is not going? not enough juice still?)
Repeat. Bottom line: bike dies after a few seconds off running perfectly. The instrumentation is dead, there's no electricity in the system. Does that mean that the battery is dead?