Where To Go.....?????

Thread: Where To Go.....?????

Ya...I ride this too! Array carson's Avatar
    Lower Mainland

Where To Go.....?????

Hey Gang,

Ok, The GF and I have Mon,Tues, Wed, Thurs, OFF and dont' have to be back at work until Friday night....

So.............does anyone have any good recommendations on where to go for a nice 4 day ride?? We like riding about 10-12 hrs a day so super long distances arent a factor...

We are considering....riding to Calgary via #3 and looping thru BANFF for a night or 2......OR riding down the OREGON COAST to PORTLAND and headiing EAST for a loop thru Mt ST HELENS....

Just looking for some ideas for a good ride.....

2. Remove Advertisements

go to Vancouver island... start at Victoria and work your way over to Tofino.

The 'Wack
    SV track, VFR road
    I'd head down the Cascades, hitting Rainier (tends to be busy if you don't get an early start), St Helens and then riding down to the Columbia Gorge at Carson. Maybe try some of the roads near Klickitat/Trout Lake then cross into Oregon--the entire NE corner is great riding and not too crowded. Might be hot, though (maybe *really* hot at this time of year). Head into the Hell's Canyon area and then ride the road from Enterprise to Clarkston. Wind your way up through Idaho (take the secondary highways, not the main routes). Try Lolo Pass if you can while you're in Idaho. Head back across WA on 20.

Other option (and cooler): follow the Cascades south, taking in North Cascades, Rainier, St Helens, Mt Hood area, Crater Lake, etc. and then return on the coast. Coast will probably be crowded, but you could follow it all the way back up and around the Olympic Peninsula, and back home.
    "When in doubt accelerate.
    It may not help you avoid the problem,
    but it'll end the suspense."

WMRC #96 (retired)