I hate it when...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I hate it when...

Je ne suis pas Francais Array nutcracker's Avatar
    Bike
    none at the moment

I hate it when...

people cross the street in a non-designated zone and the traffic has to stop to let them cross . I agree on j-walking , I do it myself but when I do it I make sure there's no traffic and nobody has to stop to let me cross the street. I was downtown tonight on my bike and I almost hit 4 asian girls that were crossing as if there was nobody but them , they kept on talking and crossing denman street at a very slow pace , I was going pretty slow myself ( about 20km/h ). anyway ,tell me what you think about that.
    2010 can't affort a bike anymore
    2006 Husqvarna 610SM
    2004 VFR
    2003 R1
    2002 KTM LC4
    1998 ZX6-R
    I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death.

Bike
    2014 FZ-09
    I have to agree, cross at the cross walk or wait until there is no traffic. I had one experience downtown when I was heading down West Broadway on my way to drop off some stuff at a jobsite. I was going with the flow of traffic, maybe 55 kph, it was still pretty early in the morning. I'm in the middle lane and there is a truck in the left lane up ahead that stopped at a light (which was green for both of us). I didn't really think anything of it, thought he was probably turning but didn't have a signal on, anyway I drive through the intersection and carry on. About 3 blocks later I see out of the corner of my eye some guy yelling at the top of his lungs. It happens to be the same truck that was stopped a few blocks back, I can't figure out what the hell he's upset about.

I roll down my window only to be yelled at by the moron in the truck. He's not just yelling but totally Irrate, he's screaming at me at the top of his lungs how I didn't stop for a pedestrian that was trying to cross the street on a red? I wish I could describe how upset he was, probably best example I can think of is if you've ever seen that video where that cop gives that guy a ticket and the guy rips it up yelling "your crazy!!!!! Your fucking crazy!!!!" and the cop makes him pick it up. Anyway the guy yells he's got my plate and he's going to the cops to let them know I didn't yeild to a pedestrian I didn't see on my green light because it was obstructed by his truck. I just laughed at him and told him to fuck off, pardon my french. Anway I've never seen anyone get so mad about something so trivial.

Bike
    2003 Honda VFR800

sorry...just have to say i love your avatar Nutcracker

Bike
    97 Blade
    Originally posted by bugs

sorry...just have to say i love your avatar Nutcracker

Yeah, itsa good one

oh, and jaywalkers suck ass! In Singapore its a $500 fine!
    Ass, Gas, or Grass. Nobody rides for free.

Danger
    im okay with jaywalking when they walk and don't cause any stoppage in the flow of traffic.. but in the case of nutcracker, the 4 asian girls walking as if they own the town, that's total bullshi* if it were me i'd let them know my displeasure with them and rev as they were walking across the street. You'd be surprised how much faster they walk when they're looking down the front end of a camaro revving at 6000rpms (not redline) and scary looking kid with a pissed of lookon his face.

glowing ghostie! Array gordopolis's Avatar
    Bike
    I have kids
    Originally posted by Quasi
    ...best example I can think of is if you've ever seen that video where that cop gives that guy a ticket and the guy rips it up yelling "your crazy!!!!! Your fucking crazy!!!!" and the cop makes him pick it up.
    Ha ha, I love that video!

It really burns my biscuits when I see a car in the right-hand land stop to allow pededstrians to cross cuz you *know* that the car that stops is gonna get rear-ended, AND/OR everyone is gonna swerve like crazy into the left lane to get around and cause an accident, AND/OR as people walk out from in front of that car and into the left lane, they are gonna get mowed down by someone not looking (just like what could have happened in Quasi's story -- if I read it right).

My friend did just this with me in the passenger seat. I voiced my opinions appropriately. Hell, he's putting my life in danger!

He's trying to be nice, but you're causing more harm than good! If people want to jaywalk, they take the responsibilty on themselves. Otherwise go to the crosswalk!

Grrrr!

KawBoy
    I hate it when they cross in the middle street only to walk to the corner anyways. Why not stay on the one side and cross at the cross walk instead of in the middle. I try to always stop at uncontrolled crosswalks but I refuse to risk getting rearended for the safety of another. Self-preservation... look out for No. 1... that kinda stuff.

glowing ghostie! Array gordopolis's Avatar
    Bike
    I have kids
    Add this to the list: people who walk in only the center half of the crosswalk; they cut the corner when stepping off/on the curb.

So as I am slowing in preparation of stopping at the crosswalk, people walk out in front of me, making a diagonal into the crosswork, then walk out of it on the other side. Hey! *YOU* get the crosswalk, *I* get the street, *OK*?!

I must be in a grouchy mood today.

James
    How about people who walk across streets in a slooowww diagonal line? Those people really piss me off since they really only save a couple feet of walking distance, but hold up tons of traffic.

Bike
    sumfing nekkid
    Max...think of it as if they were crossing the street for you .

Honestly though, I hate it too. J-walker in traffic...I hate them too.

Another thing that is a pet peeve of mine are bus drivers. Since they created the law that says they have the right of way to pull into traffic (or you will be fined), I've almost "hit it" quite a few times.
    Ride in peace my friends...

Being a road crayon sucks....put your gear between you and the pavement.

WTD: Hot girls with low morals. Own transportation a plus. Sufferers of yellow fever considered first. PM/email me for details.

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Bike
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: the masses are asses.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    -----
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

Bike
    2002 R1, 2000 R6 race only.
    I hate it when I am in a rush and have to pee!!!!

SilverHeartz
    nice animated gif prettyboy!

I REALLY hate it when people jwalk slowly - making you either slow down, stop or skid and they don't care (continue to walk slowly) and have no appreciation that you stopped. No offense, but humans who walk do not OWN the streets, and if people cross the streets wrongly, the ROADS own bits and pieces of them!

Haphazard
    hahah when i went to asia, it was a common and universal rule that the streets werent for pedestrians. once you step foot onto the street, it's your fault if you get hit. and seeing as how there are SO FEW automobile-to-pedestrian accidents there, i'd say that the implied rule works really well.

the other day i was driving down the street and this kid (around 18 or so) had his headphones on, jamming to his tunes, and was staring at the ground while j-walking across the street. pre-schoolers have more care and respect for the road than these guys.

if he were in asia, he probably woudlnt have reached the age of 18.

SilverHeartz
    Haphazard: AGREED! It's crazy down in asia (craziest in china where there are no traffic lights)